Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As Upwork continues to define the world’s work marketplace, our mobile experience has often become the first or primary way our talent and clients experience Upwork. This role leads the team who will raise the bar on our mobile app experience across the company.
The Mobile Platforms team is responsible for transforming how our mobile apps are designed and developed. That means defining the capabilities of our mobile application framework, designing the information architecture for our experience, and driving efforts across the company to build performant, on-the-go experiences for our popular apps.Your Responsibilities:
- Lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, analysts, and product marketers to execute cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
- Drive proven results through both developer efficiency and continuous quantitative tests across the Upwork ecosystem.
- Define and own the core satisfaction, performance, and business metrics for the Upwork mobile apps.
- An understanding of the unique technical and design constraints and opportunities with mobile applications
- Passion for the efficiencies, scale, and experience consistencies that can only be achieved from building systems and platforms
- A proven track record of leading complex, at-times technical initiatives across product, design, and engineering teams.
- A strong executive presence for collaborating with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that translates to not just building great products and growing a strong team, but helping Upwork to be a stronger company and a better place to work.
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.