Lead Product Manager at dscout
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to head our B2C-focused Scout Experience team. This team drives the web and mobile experiences of our research participants and has an important partnership with our B2B-focused researcher product teams. You will help envision, build, deploy, measure and continually improve the future of our research participant ecosystem. You will bridge Sales, Customer Support and Engineering teams to transform a set of mobile- and web-based tools into a world class product and ecosystem. Your understanding of the business needs and use cases around our products will result in a better experience for both our research participants and clients. To achieve this, you will work across departments to understand our business objectives and opportunities. You will work with a passionate team to articulate the vision of the products, and collaborate on translating that vision into business requirements. You will rely on a process of validation, communication with stakeholders and strategic roadmap prioritization.
Here’s the fun part: you are a product person building products for product people...we hope this excites you! Some special aspects of being a product manager at dscout include being surrounded by an environment of passionate collaborators with an eye for user-based outcomes, Jobs-to-be-Done based roadmaps, and thoughtful data-driven decision making.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Lead the roadmapping, project definition, and launch of innovative software products in an agile workflow
- Partner with your designer for ideation, solution design and user testing
- Partner with a Tech Lead on grooming, technical development, and quality of projects
- Work with leadership to create a shared vision across teams and the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyze metrics and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) that inform the success of products
- Oversee milestones and communicate project status, scope changes, and critical metrics to all stakeholders, including senior and executive management
- Work with Customer Support and QA to properly resolve and prioritize product defects
- Mentor team members on Product Management best practices
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, HCI, similar technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably on a B2C team at a two-sided marketplace SaaS organization
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Experience defining and measuring success
- User research skills (ideation, evaluative inquiries, customer interviews, validation processes)
- Deep understanding of the technical architecture of mobile and web applications
- Experience developing consumer-facing software products, technologies, and/or platforms
- Demonstrated leadership ability, empathy, and success in an agile environment
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
Note: As a result of COVID-19, the dscout team has decided to work remotely for the time being. However, we are now interviewing, hiring, and onboarding remotely for all open roles! While our office is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in, no current or future employees will be required to come back into our office at this time.
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to supporting our team.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company, including open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. We are committed to helping build your future.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, that is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in and working from there. Read more about our new office space here!
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.