Lead Product Manager
In many ways, the business of Sprout Social is our product. It is what our customers subscribe to and our users engage with to enhance their social media management capabilities. In order to succeed, we need to be relentless about building superior software and solving hard problems on our customers’ behalf. This approach has earned Sprout awards both for our software (G2 Crowd) and our culture (Glassdoor). While we appreciate the recognition, we know we can get so much better.
As a Lead Product Manager, you will define and direct implementation of complex product strategy for one of Sprout’s most critical features in the application - the Smart Inbox. The Smart Inbox brings social messages for all networks into a single stream. It helps brands respond to their messages faster and increase their influence on social. You will be the go to person for setting the Inbox roadmap and getting alignment on addressing your squad’s customer needs. Additionally, you will be the conduit that helps them understand how their work ties back to broader business objectives like churn, conversion rate, increasing revenue, etc.
This is a role where leadership spans broader than the direct squad. We’re looking for someone that has a track record of successfully coaching and mentoring other product managers, in addition to being an individual contributor. You should be passionate about solving hard problems for your area, and equally committed to the overall health and development of other product managers on the team. This includes, leading design of complex features that span multiple squads and helping with initiatives that impact broader product objectives.
Within 1 month you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with our Director of Product to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Begin to build relationships with engineers and designers in your feature squad as well as across the broader PM team.
Within 3 months you will…
- Understand the current customer needs, strategy, plans and state of technology in your focus area.
- Gain the trust of your team to lead decision making and alignment.
- Lead day to day squad execution including feature planning, backlog prioritization, user story creation, launch and assessment.
- Drive quarterly roadmap planning for your team to align around approach to solving customer problems and achieving business objectives.
Within 6 months you will…
- Start to participate and help set direction in your tribe and squad’s product strategy discussions.
- Collaborate with other product managers for cross-team problem solving and feature delivery.
- Assume ownership for strong results of your feature releases.
- Understand how to leverage metrics and user data to inform feature iteration and overall planning.
Within 12 months you will...
- Establish and support high impact plans across multiple squads, directly as well as by leading others.
- Lead design of complex features and features spanning multiple squads.
- Elevate the performance of the broader Product Management team by setting a good example as well as developing others and coaching towards growth.
- Be ready to take on new challenges to help your team and the broader PM organization -- including things we maybe haven’t even anticipated yet!
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!