Manager, Feature Access, Product Management at Capital One (Chicago, IL)
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Feature Access, Product Management
Capital One is a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one reaching tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team embracing bold ideas, fostering collaboration and delivering great experiences for our customers. Machine learning is at the heart of our approach.Our teams provide millions of customers with individualized, real-time experiences, protection, and decisions driven by machine learning and advanced analytic capabilities. In order to further scale our efforts in this space, we are building a world class machine learning data platform - the Enterprise Feature Platform. This platform will enable our data scientists and machine learning engineers to take data into models from conception to production faster and safer than ever before. This work is core to Capital One's mission, changing banking for good!
As a Product Manager on the ML Model Experience Integration Product team, you will be part of the Enterprise Feature Platform Product Team designing and delivering best in class integrated model developer experiences. This team is focused on building fast, frictionless data services for model development and serving, so that data scientists can focus on building and training business-critical ML models that power our one-of-a-kind banking experiences. We're passionate about building platform software for the next generation of Data Science at Capital One and are looking for someone excited to build ML feature store services at scale.
This role represents the needs of the customer to inform the platform roadmap ensuring the capabilities being delivered are aligned with the intended business outcomes. You will be responsible for capability definition and partnering with tech teams to deliver platform components. The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about technology and deeply empathizes with internal and external customer needs. They are comfortable in conversation with engineering teams as well as stakeholders ranging from data scientists to senior leaders.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and communicate the product vision and strategy for key components of the platform.
- Deeply understand the needs of data scientists and ML engineers across Capital One.
- Prioritize the Product Backlog to maximize business and customer outcomes.
- Incorporate design thinking and analytics to inform product design.
- Enable collaboration and ensure communication between teams.
- Maintain a healthy backlog of work and play a critical role in many agile ceremonies.
- Support the team with escalation and resolution of impediments.
- Serve as the connection between customers, Capital One's mission, and your team.
We want you if you are:
- Passionate about building impactful products.
- You enjoy putting yourself in the shoes of customers. Even better if you have experience doing this with internal customers.
- You have expertise in, or are excited about, launching new products and capability delivery.
- You are a learner who is able to quickly get up to speed in a highly technical environment.
- You are experienced working in an Agile environment.
- You are a do-er who can also zoom out and think strategically.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You are highly collaborative and have the ability to influence and lead.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in product management or at least 5 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Data science, data engineering, IA/ML coursework or qualifications
- MBA or Master's degree
- 1+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked. New York City: $160,200 - $182,800 for Manager level Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter. This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).