Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The culinary new product manager will be the center of all our new product development and retail initiatives, owning intake, setting best practices and guardrails, supporting chefs in the R&D process, and driving forward improvement initiatives.
- New Product Execution
- Coordinate new product concepts using information from cross-functional teams, and create short-term and steady-state R&D plans for Culinary team, including recipe parameters, cost targets, and deadlines
- Partner with Recipe Development team and Executive Chef to develop, maintain, and communicate a set of best practices and guardrails for each new product line
- Represent culinary function during cross-functional meetings pertaining to new products, providing updates as needed and keeping culinary team on track to hit key deadlines
- Oversee the receiving, tasting, and feedback of New Product samples
- Travel to new suppliers as needed for collaborative R&D and tastings
- High Priority Menu Strategy Projects
- Monitor recipe performance trends across key metrics and proactively identify solutions to improve
- Work on key Menu Strategy team projects, with a focus on improving overall sales and customer experience with new products
- Ideation and Meal Selection
- Play key role in the recipe ideation and selection process, using data and an understanding of the Home Chef customer to help drive decision making
- Act as a sounding board for chefs and help to build out viable meals that meet Home Chef’s recipe development guardrails
- Provide customer-focused feedback for chefs during tastings
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Background in food required (culinary degree, recipe development experience, or similar)
- Analytical and creative: able to manage multiple complex projects and initiatives while building out measurable, transferrable processes
- Strong understanding of approachable, customer-friendly food and meals
- Strong Excel/Google sheets experience
- Independent self-starter inclined towards finding solutions without significant oversight
- Must be able to taste and provide thorough feedback on every meal and ingredient sampled in the kitchen, including vegetarian, pork, chicken, steak, and seafood meals, as well as meals with dairy, gluten, and added sugar
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here