Manager, Product Analytics at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
We’re seeking a Manager, Product Analyst to join our team and to help us build and provide the best insights to our product team. The product analytics team is a part of the wider analytics team and is responsible for generating insights that help improve M1’s product. It's our responsibility to make sure M1 product teams makes smart data-driven decisions. As a member of this team, you'll be helping to enable a wide range of critical business functions, like:
- Building dashboards and reports for our product team
- Creating and documenting views and tables
- Design and evaluate A/B tests
- Presenting findings and insights to business leaders
- Build data pipelines
You will be part of a collaborative data science team, where you will be responsible for helping build data pipelines, reporting, dashboarding and analysis. You will work closely with data scientists, other analysts, product managers, and business users.
Diversity is important to us and unique perspectives are welcome.
What You'll Do
This Role Will Support the following activities:
- Own and drive strategic analytical projects and insights to influence and support product initiatives
- Choose accurate metrics for tracking, measuring, optimizing, and improving our business across multiple products
- Define key product metrics and track KPIs to analyze what really matters
- Understand user behaviors and identify levers to help move key metrics
- Conduct regular A/B tests across the product journey of the user
- Influence the roadmap of product teams through the presentation of data-based recommendations
- Work closely with engineers to make sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 5-6 years working experience in analytics
- Strong knowledge of and experience with visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with event/product analytics tools (Google Analytics, Segment & Amplitude)
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with BigQuery
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym