Manager, Product Information Change
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Manage a team responsible for the day-to-day activities for Information Change Management – either customer feedback or category review implementation. This team determines and coordinates the notification of various departments when information (data, copy, product images, search terms, supplier data, pricing, etc.) needs to change in order to enhance the experience online, and in the catalog. This department focuses on coordinating and managing information change management plans at the team, and task level of detail. Management duties include growing and developing analysts on their team and maintaining knowledge of the specific work associated with product and portfolio changes. ICM managers must constantly be enhancing and updating their processes, day-to-day activities, creating tools, projects and deadlines for team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team member assignments, delegate projects appropriately and effectively, and distribute work load and work type to put team members in the best position for success
- Develop long-term vision plan for team, create roadmap and lead team to success
- Train and mentor team members with a strong focus on coaching and development
- Monitor and report on team performance
- Point of contact for Information Change Management Activities
- Analyze and report ICM activity status and cross-functional department performance
- Partner and constantly communicate with leaders from the Product Information & Search, Merchandising, Supplier Management, Publishing and MSM Operations teams to stay current on the publishing process and work to constantly improve information change workflows
- Analyze internal and external feedback and proactively identify and address trends related to Information Changes – either Category review or customer feedback based
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years previous Merchandising, eCommerce and/or product lifecycle management experience.
- 2-3 years managing a team of 3 or more
- Strong background in research and analytics
- Prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to educate and lead large groups through change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to navigate large organization and develop strong cross-functional relationships
- Key Performance Indicator creation and implementation
- Constantly updating cross-functional department knowledge
- Able collaborator with leadership, business users, and technical personnel
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth in employees and delegate work and projects appropriately
- Strong project management skills
- Team member coaching and development experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SQL, JIRA, Domo, and Google Applications.
Previous experience working with onsite campaigns/processes/schedules
Previous experience working with web content – images, copy, on-site search, etc
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.