Market Research Analyst
JELLYVISION NEEDS A MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
Jellyvision has gone through some tremendous change recently, growing from 200 to 400 people, while evolving from a services company to a product focused company in the span of just a couple of years. As a Market Research Analyst you will investigate business trends, best practices and topics specific to products and features that Jellyvision is exploring and building. You will presents these findings to product managers to strengthen discovery and delivery of all our products. And you will help connect the dots between market trends, macro trends, customers, data, etc. by digging deep to find answers and methodically analyzing your discoveries.
Our market research analysts will have the following responsibilities:
- Receive and organize research requests from product managers on a variety of product, market and competitive research topics
- Rely on database analysis, internet research, interviews and other verified sources of information to gather facts, statistics and expert opinions on the subject
- Present findings to product managers, and their teams, in myriad ways – written summaries, oral presentations, fact packs, quantitative analysis
- Work within timelines to provide findings back to product managers in clear, helpful, timely ways
- Ensure product teams are knowledgeable about the subjects our content covers
- Document and research follow up questions based on conversations you and the product manager have about your findings
- Balance the research support of multiple product teams by defining a research request intake and backlog process in a transparent way
- Work with product managers, and team leadership, on priorities when all timelines can't be met
- Learn to organize other people around research requests when others have capacity to help dig into topics on the research backlog
- Create and maintain a research documentation hub that allows teams to draw from well-researched, previously documented information time-and-again
- Collate a collection of trustworthy resources of information to make all of us better researchers
- Help Jellyvision understand when outside consulting and paid resources (for expertise and data) are strategically necessary to create better products and make well-informed decisions
- Develop research methodology best practices and share them within the Product team and, when helpful, across Jellyvision
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a curious-minded, self-starter that loves digging into the details of a topic with the ability to organize those findings with some strong written and verbal skills. We need an analytical mind that understands the value of both qualitative and quantitative analysis. Someone with good interview skills will make sure our research isn’t all about the numbers. Because we’re a busy place with lots to tackle you should be comfortable juggling multiple projects from multiple people. In this role you’ll interact with product managers, members of our product development teams and senior leaders; the ability to hone your communication style to your audience will make the information you present really stand out.
ANYTHING ELSE? Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you and what you do. Make sure your application includes your resume.
If you still have pressing questions in the meantime, please feel free to check out our handy-dandy FAQ page!
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!