Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help by spreading the word about the Impact we make every day?
- Want to use your mad marketing skills to create good in this world?
- Pump out 700-word blogs as naturally as breathing?
- Know how to get people interested AND keep them engaged with your social media magic?
- Want to finish your workday exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new people who read or see your work?
- Get excited by the words “Hubspot Certification”?
- Preach Social Responsibility so much so you might have been an evangelist in a previous life?
- Know your way around graphic design tools like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc?
- Get calls from Marie Kondo asking for organizing tips?
- Need to work every day with an honest, excited, transparent, and (appropriately) vulnerable team?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be real: This job isn't for everyone.
- We're driven by our mission and our teammates to do good work.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business, we must develop our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one talented growth marketer. Is that you?
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Let's define "one talented growth marketer" as we see it. You love to and are great at:
- Copywriting skills with experience in blogs and white papers (with attention to detale and grammer).
- Social media engagement management because you’ve been building your following on Insta from back in the day.
- Google Analytics is your jelly.
- Email marketing (Hubspot preferred) is your peanut butter.
- Graphic design (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc.), e.g.… ”The company seeks a unicorn.”
- Excellent project management skills - extra thumbs up if you’re certified.
- SEO knowledge. And interest.
- WordPress would be lovely.
- Working knowledge of Event Management platforms
Your mission: Build ShoppingGives brand awareness to merchants, nonprofits, and consumers through marketing channels, community, and channel partnerships - leading to an increase in Marketing Qualified Leads.
Our mission: Create Impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. But what good is all our good work if no one knows about it? That’s where you come in.
What you bring to the team:
- 2+ year content writing with a focus on blogs and white papers
- 2+ year experience in online community management
- Experience as an event coordinator - Webinar is a bonus
- 2+ year creating and running email campaigns
- 2+ years experience using Graphic design tools such as AI, Photoshop, XD, or similar
- Working knowledge of Social Media management
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach into some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- You can use your skills and time to make a positive impact every day.
- We're rich. (Just kidding, but we did close a nice round this fall.)
- Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- You'll create every day. We're around 25 people - so you'll influence tools, voice, style.
- We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.