Medical Product Specialist
What you will be doing:
As a Medical Product Specialist, you will begin to develop product service line (e.g. spine, cardiovascular, etc.) expertise and collect, structure, and maintain product and category level data from various sources in our solution. You will work closely with our internal solutions teams as well as our clients (supply chain, value analysis, and/or physicians) to conduct a comprehensive synthesis of device information and clinical evidence to generate the content used to support value-based medical device decisions that improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
The successful candidate will be a strong independent contributor with team player mentality. He/she will also share a passion for learning and understanding medical device technology as well as using evidence-based solutions to transform healthcare.
- Develop expertise on specific medical conditions and their treatment options across a surgical specialty
- Aggregate, evaluate, and synthesize device information, academic research, clinical trials and other resources to demonstrate clinical differentiation or equivalence between medical products
- Assess rigor of clinical trials, including study design, statistical analysis, conclusions, bias, and applicability
- Provide project support to Senior Medical Device Specialists
- Provide peer-to-peer research support as well as ongoing mentorship to junior team of medical device analysts.
- 3+ years experience in the healthcare or medical technology industry
- MA, MS degree in biomedical engineering or natural science concentration preferred
- Experience obtaining, reviewing, and writing medical literature, specifically related to medical devices
- Distinctive problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough