Foxtrot is the next generation corner store – we curate your city’s best craft beer, wine, spirits, fresh eats, gifts and everyday essentials – and deliver it all to your door in 60 minutes via our neighborhood shops.
With a swift mobile app and web store paired with beautifully designed retail shops, we are building an exciting brand that is both digitally native and rooted in a highly engaging retail experience.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate four retail stores in Chicago along with a booming online business, and are setting the stage for a major expansion in 2018.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking a Merchandise Planner to lead our planning, buying and allocation strategy. We curate Chicago’s favorite drinks, eats, apothecary and gifts, working across exciting new national brands and our favorite local vendors. This is a highly analytical role that will set and maintain a product buying strategy for our retail and online business.
- Planning & Allocation of Company Product: You will set the strategy for company-wide pricing, stock-levels and inventory management. Leverage real-time sales data to create planning and allocation processes, and lead the Store Managers who perform day-to-day ordering
- Gross Margin Optimization: You own the COGS line item for the company. Actively manage gross margin across products, categories and vendors, and develop actionable strategies for constant improvement
- Vendor Management: As the main point of contact for each vendor, you will develop meaningful relationships and create smart buying programs to maximize gross margin, and always be on the lookout for new items to bolster the menu
- Menu Management: Through deep analysis of customer and sales trends, make recommendations to constantly improve the Foxtrot product selection, including the addition of new items or vendors, expanding or culling categories, etc.
- Product Sourcing: In partnership with the CEO, evaluate new product opportunities, source new products and vendors, and create processes to add them to our menu and test success
- 3+ years of direct planning and allocation experience; food and beverage or e-commerce industry focus a plus
- Strong analytical background – no stranger to Excel, pivot tables and reporting
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality; able to take ownership of projects and see them through inception to production
- A passion and eye for new products and trends
- Excitement for and an understanding of the Foxtrot brand