New Mobility Product Manager at Root
The New Mobility Product Manager position will be focused on building enterprise SaaS products from the ground up. You will need to be both hands-on with customers to define the product and work with the business team to scale a business. You will work closely with the Business Development team to validate the commercial opportunity for new mobility products and translate that opportunity into a product vision and iterative roadmap. You will have the opportunity to define the direction of industries and enable mobility pioneers that are reinventing transportation in real time. This impactful work will leverage your experience building developer tools and services to create a successful product portfolio.
This role is located in Columbus, OH or Chicago, IL.
What you’ll be doing.
- Working with VPs of Product and Business Development, rapidly build products to take new lines of business from 0 to 1
- Synthesizing information from disparate data sources to drive decisions
- Creating, managing, and adapting product roadmap to meet objectives/KPIs
- Owning the complete product life cycle; spanning ideation, design, implementation, testing, launch, and iteration
- Breaking down and prioritizing work and ensuring execution goals are met
- Building out analytics capabilities and performing ongoing and ad-hoc analysis to assess product performance and extract new product insights
- Continually seeking qualitative customer feedback to guide product decisions; being the voice of the customer
- Working holistically and cross-functionally to build internal relationships and understand dependencies and impact to avoid duplicative work
- Leveraging market expertise to build a competitor database for product benchmarking
- Engaging partners to uncover unmet needs and identify solutions
What we’re looking for.
- 4+ years of product experience
- Exceptional product sense with a demonstrated ability to solve valuable problems in creative and scrappy ways
- Experience building enterprise SaaS products (with a consumer product sensibility)
- Ability to travel ~25%
- Strong partner-facing skill set: ability to inspire partner confidence; responsiveness to contractual obligations; ability to work in real time with partners to identify needs and offer feasible solutions
- Product domain expertise spanning the customer discovery, planning, and product development process; deep understanding of customer-centric product practices
- Highly analytical approach to the work; customer research and analytics-driven foundation to architecting product decisions Superior creative problem-solving skills with ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Detail-orientation and an ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and “do-what-it takes” attitude to efficiently execute and drive for results in a fast-pace work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a results-driven, fast-pace work environment
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority
- Growth mindset and ability to thrive in a role with potential for big impact
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverage on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.