NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION TEAM LEADER
IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a New Product Introduction (NPI) Team Leader located in our Peoria, IL facility.
When you are a New Product Introduction (NPI) Team Leader at Caterpillar, you will lead the execution of Business Unit focused NPI projects; establish project management plan and use plan to manage service and product delivery; plan and manage resources for implementing changes; and assist in evaluating requests.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage large NPI projects to ensure they are on time, within budget, and aligned with the product strategy.
- Assist in prioritizing NPI projects based on enterprise impact and objectives.
- Assemble the business case for project requests.
- Identify training needs for NPI team members and initiates NPI-related development opportunities.
- Provide mentoring for the team.
- Build relationships with other departments, industry associations and outside organizations.
- Assist in marketing the NPI process to customers.
- Identify cost containment opportunities.
- Identify trends and areas of focus for continuous improvement.
- Quickly and correctly identify problems, which may not be obvious. Solve problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions.
- Moderate travel required (5% - 15% of working time).
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 6 years of job-related experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential as well as project management efficiency
Top candidates will also have:
- Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work with diverse groups to reach consensus
- Communication skills are critical as incumbent initiates communication with others outside immediate work group to work on new ideas or to counsel others, etc
- Undercarriage Component Design Experience
- Undercarriage Field/lab test experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.