Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. Our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, a Product Manager is effectively the CEO of their area, working with designers, developers and senior management to invent new features and experiences, delight our users and support the business growth. This role is both technical and business facing and the successful candidate should be analytical, creative and comfortable driving vision, writing technical specifications and leading decision-making discussions. For this role specifically, you lead our diner app which empowers consumers to discover, experience and enjoy high quality Asian food.
- Drive the consumer experience product vision and roadmap based on business vision, user research, market and competitive analysis, working closely with product leaders and leaders in engineering, marketing, business development, regional and central operations.
- Work with designers and engineers to establish UX/UI and technical requirements for each feature.
- With each launch, drive adoption, measure results, optimize product, present wins, celebrate team, learn from mistakes, and continue to raise the bar.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across partners.
- Coach and develop talents on the team.
- Contribute to the long-term Chowbus product roadmap in various product lines.
We are excited if you...
- Have a degree in Computer Science or another Technology related field; an MBA or Master’s degree in a business related field would be a plus.
- Have a minimum of 8 years strong product experience with a track record of successfully delivering business impacting, consumer facing products.
- Have a strong empathy and deep understanding in customers’ frame of mind.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from product metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action.
- Have demonstrated the capability to translate complex business and product goals into clearly understandable product specifications.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have a track record of managing multiple projects at the same time in a dynamic environment.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
- Have experience in mentoring, coaching and developing product managers on the team.
- Verbal fluency in Chinese would be a plus.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.