Principal Product Manager - NextGen WMS at Nordstrom
Nordstrom is committed to being the leader in Omnichannel retailing. We have long recognized the importance of having strong capabilities in both Physical and Digital retailing and we continue to innovate on how we can help our customers feel good and look their best. Nordstrom's supply chain is a critical component in this, and we are dedicated to building out the infrastructure, facilities, fulfillment & transportation network necessary to exceed our customers' expectations. Our Supply Chain Product Management team is integral in shaping this future vision.
The Principal Product Manager is a key member of the Nordstrom Product Management team, championing the customer experience evolution through data-driven insights using a variety of qualitative and quantitative inputs and delivering key features, functionality, and programs for Nordstrom. Product Management is responsible for making sure we build the right products and features for our customers and business. To accomplish that, product managers plan the product roadmap and prioritize the applicable technology backlog, lead product discovery, and measure and communicate results of the feature portfolio in production, all while ensuring stakeholder alignment.
The Principal Product Manager, NextGen WMS will define the vision and strategy of JWN next generation Warehouse management system to support future supply chain growth. The NextGen WMS will be powering JWN OmniHubs with robotics and various automations to accelerate inventory flow and customer order delivery speed. They will partner closely with Nordstrom Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Warehouse Operations and Suppliers to identify and deliver solutions to ensure speed of delivery, visibility, and overall management of our global supply chain.
A day in the life...
Advanced Capability with the following competencies, requiring little day to day management support:
- Develops and manages NextGen WMS product vision and strategies
- Responsible for end-to-end aspects of product roadmap from intake and prioritization to delivery
- Define, measure, and monitor KPIs, objectives and key results ("OKRs")
- Drive cross functional product alignment with all dependent stakeholder teams
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Operations, Data Scientist, Industrial Engineering, UX, Software Engineering, and User Research leaders
- Collaborates with peers and leaders across the enterprise to solicit needs, define vision and ensure outcomes align with enterprise priorities and goals
- Evaluate competitor experiences
- Develop a/b testing plan with analytics where appropriate
- Partners with technology teams to deliver key features and functionality that enhance the warehouse capabilities across Nordstrom network
- Conducts data-driven analyses to continuously maintain a pulse on performance and the state of the business
You own this if you have...
- Minimum 10 years' experience of product management experience, specifically in supply chain product management with large retail, ecommerce or fulfillment company preferred
- Bachelors' degree in math, statistics, finance, economics, or related quantitative discipline is preferred
- Strong domain expertise in Supply Chain fulfillment, warehouse operations and warehouse automations
- Experience with Tier 1 WMS development and/or implementation with robotics and automations is highly preferred
- Experience driving large, strategic projects forward in ambiguous environments
- Proven track record for problem solving within technology that enables the business to achieve stretch goals
- Ability to define, measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Technical background and understanding of software development principals and a/b testing
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams from areas such as Analytics, Engineering and User Experience
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.