Principal Product Manager- Platform Foundation, Core Services at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Come join the Platform Foundation and Administration product team and work with a talented group of PMs, developers, designers, and researchers. Platform Foundation and Administration look to provide scalable, intuitive platform services and experiences that enable ServiceNow, partners, and customers to build, extend and deliver ServiceNow products.
You will be leading the efforts to modernize our core platform capabilities, such as queue management, cache management, message queues, scheduled jobs, elastic search, and update our scripting layer. In addition, you will help to scale our core services in a cost-effective manner by working closely with our cloud operations teams as the complexity and needs of the applications evolve. This role is highly collaborative, working with peer inbound and outbound product managers across BUs, customers, engineers, designers, researchers, and other cross functional teams.
What you get to do in this role:
Product Strategy and Planning:
- Drive product vision and strategy that sets us up for success as we look to scale to $10B+ in revenue
- Collaborate with customers, researchers, and designers on developing and testing innovative product ideas
- Validate and refine product designs/early product offerings through Design Partner Program, Product Advisory Council and with other customers directly
- Subject matter expert on competitive analysis and technical challenges
- Understands tech trends and how they affect the roadmap
- Continually define and groom epic and story product roadmap with 3-4 release horizon
- Engage stakeholders on necessary inputs for product strategy & roadmap, get buy-in, manage communications, expectations and dependencies
Requirements Prioritization and Release Management:
- Gather, prioritize and define requirements (while actively grooming backlog) into executable epics and user stories for engineering
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other BUs to evaluate and manage cross-BU dependencies (both from and to the BU)
- Create product/feature plans for each release, including acceptance criteria, use cases, success metrics, and related documentation
- Collaborate with engineering team on release mgmt.: understand status, risks, dependencies and help address risks and resolve issues
- Define key product success metrics and ensure they are instrumented & reviewed
- Understand how customers are using the product, gains & pains, reasons for low usage
- Know top 3-5 customers intimately, their specific use cases, gains & pains
- Understand use cases by BU to better serve internal customers
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- Strong prioritization skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities
- Experience defining and capturing product requirements and transforming them into a product roadmap
- Deep curiosity about customer needs and a track record in building customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Experience driving solution development through big-picture solution development
- Ability to serve as a team lead, and coach employees at lower levels
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.