ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Come join the Platform Foundation and Administration Product team and work with a talented group of PMs, developers, designers and researchers. Platform Foundation and Administration looks to provide scalable, intuitive platform services and experiences that enable ServiceNow, partners and customers to build, extend and deliver ServiceNow products.
You will be leading the efforts to modernize our Scripting and Application Services at ServiceNow. Your areas of focus will include evolving our scripting experience and exploring new scripting technologies for meeting the needs of the platform and the applications that are built on top of it. In addition, you will also help define the way forward for net new application services that can unlock new application patterns, enable complex data transformations and help extend the platform with remote table functionality to meet the platform of platform vision. This role is highly collaborative, working with peer inbound and outbound product managers across BUs, customers, engineers, designers, researchers, and other cross functional teams.
What you get to do in this role:
Product Strategy and Planning:
- Drive product vision and strategy that sets us up for success as we look to scale to $10B+ in revenue
- Collaborate with customers, researchers, and designers on developing and testing innovative product ideas
- Validate and refine product designs/early product offerings through Design Partner Program, Product Advisory Council and with other customers directly
- Subject matter expert on competitive analysis and technical challenges
- Understands tech trends and how they affect the roadmap
- Continually define and groom epic and story product roadmap with 3-4 release horizon
- Engage stakeholders on necessary inputs for product strategy & roadmap, get buy-in, manage communications, expectations and dependencies.
- Requirements Prioritization and Release Management:
- Gather, prioritize and define requirements (while actively grooming backlog) into executable epics and user stories for engineering
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other BUs to evaluate and manage cross-BU dependencies (both from and to the BU)
- Create product/feature plans for each release, including acceptance criteria, use cases, success metrics, and related documentation
- Collaborate with engineering team on release mgmt.: understand status, risks, dependencies and help address risks and resolve issues
- Define key product success metrics and ensure they are instrumented & reviewed
- Understand use cases by BU to better serve internal customers
- Understand how customers are using the product, gains & pains, reasons for low usage
- Know top 3-5 customers intimately, their specific use cases, gains & pains
To be successful in this role you have:
- 8+ years Product Management experience with a strong technical background
- Strategic mindset: able to define product strategy that achieves strong customer value and business outcomes
- Technically savvy with experience working with developers and designers to craft delightful developer experiences. Experience as a developer in the past would be highly valued.
- Strong prioritization skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities
- Top notch written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, defining and effectively capturing product requirements and transforming them into an actionable product roadmap
- Customer focus: has deep curiosity about customer needs, as well as a track record in building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Facilitative leadership skills: can use marketing, product, and business knowledge to inform decisions and communicate effectively with/ influence internal and external parties
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and a proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- Experience building frameworks will be highly valued
- Experience working with ServiceNow
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.