Principal Product Owner, Credit Actions Platform at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Credit Action team’s mission is to meet the credit needs of our card members and empower them toward financial freedom and stability in order to improve credit risk and speed to market on decisioning, mature the modernization of the platform, and communicate effectively in the right channel. We are responsible for critical experiences such as customer-initiated line increase requests, proactive line increases/decreases, terms-level changes and closures. This product owner role will manage a product team focused on the modernization of our line increase request (LIR) platform. This team will specifically be responsible for all migration activities supporting our LIR platform and credit decisioning from legacy systems to our cloud-based Enterprise Decisioning Platform. This is a critical initiative that will significantly improve our speed to market for future enhancements, drive incremental revenue and reduce legacy/mainframe operating costs.
What You’ll Do
- Ensures an outcome for a product is delivered that meets the requests from stakeholders and customers. This requires a fundamental understanding of the business and its constraints (financial, marketing, compliance, legal, service, the customer environment, the technical capabilities, the user experience, etc.) in order to provide a solution that satisfies all stakeholders and customers
How You’ll Do It
- Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders on key product considerations and aligns with product vision, features and roadmap. Leverages customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the product team and ensure alignment with senior leadership (e.g., SPO, Dir, etc.). Creates and/or maintains key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.). Identifies and defines key non-functional requirements (e.g., security, availability, performance, etc.) to achieve necessary product metrics. Owns definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and features/user stories for delivery product roadmap; in-line with the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) of the greater product vision outlined by SPO and/or Business Director is the final decision maker for product scope
- Builds product backlog, prioritize its items to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and continuously keep it up to date. Holds meetings with the product team to continuously update product backlog. Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards. Ensures product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers.
- Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensure completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for product team. Creates and validate user story acceptance criteria. Defines and ensures appropriate testing frameworks for product features (e.g., market testing, functional performance, etc.) Works with Data stewards in their respective LOBs to ensure required Data quality controls are identified and implemented. Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
- Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components and underline infrastructure maintenance.
- Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team's functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and serves as point of contact for the product team with the business and SMEs.
- Collaborates with other product owners to uphold business priority and vision
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- 6+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Owner or relevant product management and/or IT related field working directly with an Agile team on technical delivery
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.