Principal Product Owner - Service Asset Configuration Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Come join our Service Asset Configuration Management Engineering team as we work to modernize our Configuration & Asset Management practices and implementation. The Principal Product Owner – Service Asset Configuration Management will oversee Discover’s ServiceNow Configuration and Asset Management technology capabilities in partnership with the Configuration Management process owner and other key stakeholders. They will be responsible for defining and delivering a strategy to implement and mature our existing CMDB, Asset Management, and Application Portfolio implementation and capabilities to ensure that our technology investments are enabling our Technology and Cyber process owners to be successful. In addition, this leader will be called upon to drive automation, improve delivery efficiency, and evolve the interaction models with multiple process owners and value streams across the company.
- Through partnership with our key stakeholders, develop and maintain product strategy and roadmaps
- Continued maturation of the team’s Agile and Product Management practices
- Collaborate with the various ITSM & Cyber Process Owners to establish a prioritized backlog for our SACM Program
- Collaborate with other ServiceNow Product Owners to ensure consistency of delivery; definition of best practices; quality; and platform strategy.
- Collaborate with Engineering Chapter Leadership to identify skill and knowledge needs on the delivery team and to address any performance related issues.
- Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders on key product considerations and aligns with product vision, features and roadmap. Leverages customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the product team and ensure alignment with senior leadership (e.g., SPO, Dir, etc.). Creates and/or maintains key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.). Identifies and defines key non-functional requirements (e.g., security, availability, performance, etc.) to achieve necessary product metrics. Owns definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and features/user stories for delivery product roadmap; in-line with the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) of the greater product vision outlined by SPO and/or Business Director is the final decision maker for product scope 30
- Builds product backlog, prioritize its items to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and continuously keep it up to date. Holds meetings with the product team to continuously update product backlog. Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards. Ensures product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers.
- Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensure completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for product team. Creates and validate user story acceptance criteria. Defines and ensures appropriate testing frameworks for product features (e.g., market testing, functional performance, etc.) Works with Data stewards in their respective LOBs to ensure required Data quality controls are identified and implemented. Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
- Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components and underline infrastructure maintenance.
- Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team's functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors degree in Business or related
- 6+ years of experience in Product, Business, Technical, or related
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Product, Business, Technical, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- ITIL Intermediate or Expert Certifications Preferred
- ServiceNow Development or Platform Management Experience Required
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.