Principal Technical Product Trainer, DocuSign University
Customer Success | Chicago, Illinois or Remote
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The DocuSign University Principal Technical Product Trainer is an experienced professional who delivers high quality and impactful learning experiences to DocuSign’s customers, partners, and team members. The Principal will also participate in the partnership of delivery content offering decisions, content advisory council, and team initiative planning and execution. In addition to delivering customer-facing training sessions, the Principal Technical Product Trainer is responsible for upskilling other Product Trainers on new offerings and preparing them to effectively deliver content on new offerings. The role requires the individual to ingest new product offerings, become proficient with their use and basic implementation, and educate the broader team to speak intelligently about the products/features as well as conduct Train the Trainer sessions. This role is responsible for ensuring that customers, partners, and DocuSign team members who engage with DocuSign University receive a training experience that accelerates their time to proficiency with the DocuSign products. The role includes supporting a team of expert product trainers across North America who have deep technical skills with the DocuSign Agreement Cloud and are also able to transfer that knowledge to a variety of audience types in engaging ways.Keys to success in this role will be strong delivery skills, deep technical aptitude, team and customer interaction soft skills, as well as the ability to view the training as business with customer centric focus.
- Maintain and continuously improve technical expertise – Be a go-to expert for all DocuSIgn Agreement Cloud technologies and integrations. The Principal Technical Product Trainer would be knowledgeable on integrating all offerings successfully with one another, much like a potential customer might require, and be able to train internal contacts to accelerate getting other teams ready to speak to customers intelligently. Update knowledge and skills as new products release and new use cases are applied in the customer landscape
- Deliver Excellent Customer Experiences - Deliver high-quality technical course experiences to a variety of customers. Ensure all learners engage with classes, whether in physical or virtual classroom environments. Responsible for the overall quality of course deliveries, and customer experiences before and after classroom activities. Assist management in improving classroom processes to drive consistency across trainers and global regions.
- Support Product Trainer team – Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring to ensure all product trainers stay current in technical capabilities of the DocuSign products. Create, maintain, and improve classroom technical training environments for all trainers.
- Cross-organization collaboration – Work with cross-organization business partners in curriculum development to improve course material and learning paths based on feedback from the classroom. Communicate customer insights to account teams. Work with Professional Services and other Customer Success teams to ensure the customer receives coordinated efforts and seamless project execution. Cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Operational execution – Represent a customer centered culture of operational excellence to ensure business goals are met while maintaining customer focus. Assist cross functional teams to establish and improve processes for effective trainer scheduling, classroom set up, and communications with a result of high trainer utilization and customer satisfaction.
- Cross-organization collaboration – Work with cross-organization business partners in curriculum development to improve course material and learning paths based on feedback from the classroom. Communicate customer insights to account teams. Work with Professional Services and other Customer Success teams to ensure the customer receives coordinated efforts and seamless project execution.
- Travel required 20-40%
- BS/BA degree required
- 12+ years of experience in a professional service, consulting, product training, or education role in a technology environment
- 5+ years of experience working at a technology company
- Experience delivering instructor-led training in virtual and physical classroom environments
- Demonstrated ability to promote technical skills development in team members
- Strong facilitation and training skills with expertise in oral and written communication
- Experience using recording and presentation tools
- Experience leading customer adoption of new tools and processes
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively
- Familiarity with Adult Learning theory and teaching methods
- Experience with Salesforce administration or development, Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) and Business Process Modeling Language (BPML)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, both verbal & written
- API development experience a plus
- Strong ability and enthusiasm for driving both a positive and a performance-based team culture
- Experience working cross-organizationally to promote overall customer success
- Engagement experience with enterprise level customers
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer . DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.