Consumer behavior is noisy and difficult to interpret. More often than not, this difficulty leads to treating consumer preferences as a black box - unintelligible to all but a handful of visionaries who “know” what customers want.
At Root, we don’t believe in black magic. We do, however, believe in leveraging structured thinking and constant iteration to create products that customers love.
As a Product Analyst on the Claims team, you will be an advocate for informed, data-driven decision making. You’ll partner directly with Product Managers to define high-level metrics and ensure that all initiatives will move those metrics. In this role, you'll utilize your advanced analytics skills to create compelling stories, drive strategies, uncover new opportunities, and provide recommendations required to improve Root’s operations.
Reports to: Analytics Manager, Claims
What you'll be doing.
- Assist product owners in defining the roadmap for a specific area of the business
- Define and own metrics that capture the spirit of business objectives as closely as possible
- Leverage data to generate insights about customer preference and experience
- Quantify the impact of potential product enhancements for engineering prioritization
- Propose and undertake advanced analytics research
- Work with engineers and other analysts to improve the structure and quality of data in the data warehouse
- Distill and communicate technical findings to business stakeholders
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- 1+ years of analytics or data science experience in a business or academic environment
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with a scripting language (i.e. Python or R)
- Demonstrable experience teaching or explaining technical results and concepts to less technical audiences
- Knowledge of basic statistic techniques; linear and logistic regression, decision trees, confidence intervals, p-values
- Familiarity with machine learning and data science concepts and an eagerness to implement them
- Proficient in Tableau or other business intelligence tools
- Proven ability to execute on projects quickly; “get things done” mentality
- Unabashed question asker; willing to learn new skills for the task at hand
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.