Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
The Product Analytics team is helping revolutionize access to credit by applying data-driven analysis and innovative modeling approaches to our product, marketing, and overall business strategy.
As a part of the team, you will leverage our large structured and unstructured datasets to help better understand our customers, products, and business strategy. Your projects could range from forecasting the impact of strategic initiatives, to applying machine learning models to optimize our marketing performance.
We are looking for someone with the desire to drive major initiatives using product, customer, and marketing analytics to shape and advance their proposals. This person should have the desire to go beyond the analysis to realize their strategic plans, and to manage business initiatives from conception to implementation and monitoring.
What you do at Avant
- Work with a team that owns business strategy across financial products and marketing
- Analyze structured and unstructured data sets to help better understand our customers
- Build forecasting models, analyze opportunity sizing, and work with key business stakeholders, including C-level Executives to drive strategic planning
- Collaborate with other teams including Risk, Marketing, and Engineering, on strategic initiatives that cross business units
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field that requires quantitative analysis
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
- Proficiency with Excel or a similar analytical tool (exposure to Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, or similar tools is a plus)
- A quantitative and analytical orientation to decision making
- Ability and interest in developing familiarity in new software languages and analytical tools, where applicable
- Experience with product/marketing analytics or financial services / risk management
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative, and critical thinking
- Proven ability to solve challenging problems while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.