Product Analyst (Level 3) at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
Why This Job Is Important
As a Product Analyst, you will be responsible for the definition of digital products that are valuable, usable and feasible for our clients and their customers. You will own shared understanding across the project spectrum, from high-level business objectives to detailed functionality. And you will guide product development teams towards continuous improvement across a range of agile methodologies.
What You Will Be Doing
- Contribute to business strategy and vision, to guide delivery teams in the right direction
- Create and manage product roadmaps, to communicate how the product vision will be realized over time
- Work with key client stakeholders to define requirements and author user stories, to ensure digital products will produce desired business outcomes
- Manage product backlogs, to ensure that product teams are equipped with the understanding they’ll need to deliver great digital experience
- Work with clients to determine what metrics are most valuable to the business to ensure each release is being prioritized correctly and driving the most possible value Work with Data Analysts to ensure we are set properly set up to measure the site performance that is impact by each release
- Plan sprints/iterations, to focus the team on regular delivery of customer value Consult with Quality Assurance on product quality plans, and support testing efforts to ensure that product team activities will meet quality success criteria
- Create and manage product scorecards, to communicate progress towards achieving desired business outcomes
- Facilitate a range of agile methodologies, to guide the product team towards a mindset of constant learning and continual improvement
- Identify and unblock product team impediments, to establish an environment for maximum success
What You Are Good At
- You’re comfortable with solving complex problems, and have a passion for clarifying the ambiguous and ensuring widespread understanding
- You have a knack for seeing what’s missing and asking the questions others don’t consider
- You document visually, provoking reactions that build understanding to move teams forward
- You’re able to gain and grow the trust of clients and team members
- You can lead product definition in an environment with rapidly changing information across multiple project tracks
- You are passionate about user-centered design approaches, and continuously work to develop empathy for yourself and your team
- You recognize when digital experiences are good, and can articulate to others WHY they are good
- You are an excellent communicator with the skills to synthesize and personalize approaches, plans and recommendations across a wide range of audiences and roles
- You have a laser-focused attention to detail, manage your time well, and are extremely well organized
- You are great at managing competing priorities, and are able to identify prioritized work for yourself and your teams
What You Have Done
- You have 3-5 years of digital experience as a Business Analyst, Product Manager, or
- You have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating the ability to lead teams to deliver
digital solutions which have resulted in improved business outcomes
- You have used a variety of product management tools like Pivotal Tracker, Jira or ProductPlan and have a strong point of view on how to get the most out of them
- You have significant experience in the delivery of consumer-facing digital products
- You have experience in the delivery of internal business applications (non-customer facing products)
- You have earned agile certifications like CSPO, CSM, TKP, etc.
- You have previous experience in the Education, Financial Services, or Healthcare industries
- You have experience working in an agency business model
- In addition to leading Delivery teams, you’ve also led teams through Discovery efforts
- You have experience serving other roles on a product development team (like designer, engineer, agile coach, etc.)
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.