Ahold Delhaize is one fo the world's largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-Commerce. Its family of great, local brands serves more than 50 million customers each week in Europe, the United States and Indonesia. Together, these brands employ more than 372,000 associates in more than 6,700 grocery and specialty stores. Our Global Suppport Office (GSO) is based in Zaandam in the Netherlands, but GSO associates also work in all the countries we serve. This team supports all our great local brands in finance, HR, IT, legal, communications, sutainable retailing and other key functions.
Browse the Aisles-
The Product Analyst role at Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) will function as a key contributor in the Product organization and will be responsible for supporting multiple cross functional Agile teams through Product functions that span the spectrum from ideation-strategizing to execution-delivery and everything in between. This Analyst will be responsible for achieving key business metrics by enhancing the customer experience on the digital properties of Ahold Delhaize USA’s brands – Peapod, Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Giant Food, Giant/Martin’s, and Hannaford.
Reporting directly to a senior Product Leader and skip level to the VP/Head of Product, this role is ideal for someone with Product Management ambition and looking to grow and learn in the discipline, all while playing a vital role in the success of Ahold Delhaize USA’s digital products.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Contribute to the development of a product vision, then drive a process to bring that vision to fruition
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop product-line growth strategy
- Champion the needs of the customer and PDL/AD USA business goals throughout the execution of a project
- Owns SDLC requirements 360 – gathering, definition, clarifications.
- Demonstrate growth in skillset and progressive competence to take on more responsibilities, to be able to step into Product Manager roles as opportunities arise.
- Must organize with independence, develop a strong understanding of our customers, manage multiple concurrent projects, and identify and lead solutions that recognize significant business value
- Drive cross-functional teams comprised of both business roles and technical development during the life cycle of product development
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Blend strong business acumen, technical problem solving and agile execution
- Contribute to the prioritization of ecommerce features and understand the art of sequencing their delivery with an agile framework.
- Partner with IT on development, testing & implementation plans, as well as internal communications & deployment plans
- Collaborate with internal business partners to refine requirements and define enhancements, creating buy-in from other teams as necessary
- Vet scope, requirements, use case/user scenario, test case documents and design specifications, in partnership with UX, product managers, QA and design.
- Proactively identify issues and work with internal partners to understand options and execute solve
- Synthesize business requirements, identify areas of uncertainty, recommend solutions, gather buy-in from relevant stakeholders, roll solution out to team, shepherd feature through development and review code before rollout.
- Develop metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree
- Direct experience in a digital environment in a relevant capacity
- 3+ years overall relevant experience
- 1+ years Digital experience
- 1+ years in product management preferred
- 1+ years working in an Agile development environment and managing iteration-level deliverables.
Helpful Addition in Your Cart - The optional but not less important ingredients
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Experience with agile development
- Data driven mindset and track record
The GSO sets global strategies frameworks, facilitates the sharing of best practice and encourages economies of scale. Great examples include sharing technology and digital know-how, so we can continue to lead in online and in-store retailing, setting global targets for healthy and sustainable products-including reducing food waste, use of plastics and making our products healthier to use and eat, and championing development for our future leaders-from learning about the digital mindset to leading our stores of the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.