Product Analyst, Pricing at Root
At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve.
The Pricing team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to develop pricing strategies that maximize profitable growth. The team is responsible for turning raw data into compelling stories that generate actionable insights, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must.
If you love fast paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Location: Columbus, OH or remote (U.S. only)
Reports to: Analytics Manager
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze pricing performance to synthesize actionable insights that will help define strategies to achieve profitable growth
- Communicate recommendations with data driven support to senior leaders, both written and orally
- Conduct pre and post deployment impact analysis to quantify the success of new strategies and pricing implementations
- Work with data scientists to build predictive models for retention, conversion, loss ratios, and bound premiums
What we're looking for:
- 1+ years of work experience in analytics (preferably pricing related)
- Experience with SQL and BI software (Tableau, Mode, Power BI, etc.)
- Analytical mindset; proficiency in R or Python preferred
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Superior written and oral communication skills