Product Analyst at Hireology
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last ten years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 165 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
Reporting to the Head of Product Analytics, you will work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build models, and make recommendations. Additionally, will be responsible for the development of Looker or other similar tools, transactional reporting, and ad-hoc analyses under minimal guidance and oversight.
As a Product Analytics Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering with Product Development (Engineering, Product Management, and UX) to ensure that the business launches high quality and reliable products to the market
- Executing quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights that lead to product innovation and (or) improved business efficiency|
- Overseeing quantitative research projects independently, including monitoring progress and proactively identifying challenges
- Identifying and proactively advocating for impactful changes the Product organization should make
- Assisting with the maintenance and continued development of the company’s business intelligence ecosystem
- Learning new programming languages, relevant technologies and obtaining industry-recognized certifications, as we continually build our skills and explore new things
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Metrics Driven: There are a myriad of signals you’ll learn to understand and manage, ensuring our customers are happy, engaged, and informed. We’re passionate about data and trends and managing key performance indicators and you will be as passionate about our bottoms-up approach to providing insights to our clients.
- Possess Integrity: Not negotiable in this or any role at Hireology. You have the highest level of integrity and discretion.
- Work Independently and with a Team: Some people work best individually and some as part of a team. The ideal candidate is a chameleon who can succeed both on their own and work within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Product Analytics Manager candidate.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship currently or in the future
- Strong Product acumen and excellent communication skills are required. Candidates are expected to build upon abstract hypotheses and communicate the results to a variety of stakeholders with varying degrees of technical literacy.
- Advanced level of proficiency in SQL (most notably PostgreSQL) is required
- Intermediate fluency in Python is required. Candidates should be comfortable building scripts that automate tasks, retrieve data from disparate sources, and visually summarize quantitative analyses
- Working knowledge and (or) direct experience with LookML development is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in creating publication-quality visualizations and presentations.
- Previous exposure to modern data warehouse technologies,i.e., BigQuery, Redshift, and Snowflake, is a plus
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Product team to discuss how your past experiences will enable you to be successful in this role. Be prepared to walk us through your sales experience with examples of how you have done it in the past.
- Take a strategic critical thinking assessment that determines how we can develop you at Hireology.
- Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our senior leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.