Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We're proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we're currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the role?
We are looking for an experienced analytics contributor to ensure data informs every product decision at Clearcover. You’ll have experience analyzing and creating a compelling story with sales, marketing, and customer acquisition data. We’re looking for someone with strong analytics experience and the right combination of quantitative skills, business acumen and interpersonal skills required to develop and communicate key business insights.
What will you do?
- Develop a deep understanding of Clearcover, our product, and our customers
- Ad hoc analysis and investigate data findings to build visually compelling reporting insights using our BI platform in support of the executive team and our direct, partner, and agency distribution channels.
- Support data needs from distribution channel leaders to understand profitability, retention and loss results of their respective channels.
- Build models that help in understanding more about our customers - customer segmentation models, response propensity models, conversion propensity models, etc. to help our teams in marketing to the right customers, through the right channels, and within the allowable customer acquisition cost (CAC) targets.
- Build and generate insights around dropoff in our product experience and how that varies by channel, marketing source, device type, etc..
- Generate the insights needed by our teams in managing partner economics and compensation structures.
What do you need?
- You’re highly analytical. You’ll have 4-6 years of experience in business analysis and reporting and possess a data-driven approach to optimize results.
- You have experience in sales and marketing funnel analytics - by channel, by device type, etc.
- You take pride in analyzing problems and presenting visually compelling insights.
- You have multiple years of experience with Looker or other data visualization tools (Tableau, Quicksight, PowerBI, etc.)
- You regularly use R, python or SQL to perform data analysis and manage data transformations.
- You have great relationship and communication skills. Experience interacting and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, product managers and engineers.
- You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with little oversight.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
- Monthly snack allowance
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.