Provide support for multiple product line initiatives related to product launches in new states/markets and management of existing products to maintain target profitability metrics. Seeking talented candidate with strong analytical and quantitative background to work in tandem with pricing, product, and data functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work with Product Managers and Product Analysts to drive business growth and profitability.
- Build and Implement tools to support the Product Management team.
- Maintain measurements and monitor competiveness across multiple products and states.
- Assist in development of new products by helping perform compliance review, competitive analysis and building supporting data analysis/exhibits.
- Work closely with product managers to develop and measure rating plan enhancements.
- Perform industry level research and monitor competitor filing activity within assigned region.
- Collaborate closely with project implementation team and other internal departments to ensure accurate implementation of various projects.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Some familiarity with SQL
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new applications and systems
- Ability to process complex data from multiple sources
- Detail oriented
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Works independently with little supervision but also a good team player
- Problem solving ability
- Preferably degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Sciences
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Preferably some familiarity with SAS and/or R
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.