Product Analytics Lead
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Product Analytics Lead?
Are you a data-driven Analytics professional looking to make a huge impact on a growing organization? We are building a smarter choice for car insurance and we want you to join us on this mission. Clearcover is hiring a Product Analytics Lead to work directly with our VP of Product and provide actionable insights about our digital products. We a professional offering strong experience in the development of analytical frameworks and can collaborate with stakeholders from marketing, product and customer advocacy teams to understand customer behavior, measure and track responses to new features, help deliver industry-leading products and transform customer experiences.
As someone who is technical and can establish and maintain effective performance tracking for monitoring web and mobile products, you will use data to tell a visual story and build out an analytics repository. As you develop a deeper knowledge about our products, and how we analyze user behavior, you will work on building product analytics to capture and report on various performance metrics.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
What will you do?
- Work with the VP of Product to help deliver awesome products.
- Develop working knowledge of Clearcover products, features, and related data sources
- Elicit and facilitate discussions that uncover KPIs that meet Clearcover’s product vision
- Define the metrics that enable Clearcover to hit KPIs
- Define the funnels (via user journeys) and impact metrics
- Determine how to perform accurate and useful measurements using various online and offline data tools (primarily Google Analytics and Heap Analytics) to build real-time or near real-time analytics
- Develop effective methods using comparisons and trends to establish reporting.
- Develop and improve dashboards, self-service and ad hoc reports by extracting data from numerous sources and present to internal stakeholders
- Use qualitative and quantitative sources of data to develop and improve data tracking, execute conversion rate optimization strategy and testing plans
- A/B test and continually measure the performance of conversion strategies
Who do you need?
- Degree in a quantitative field (Operations Research / Computer Science / Statistics or Applied Mathematics or Economics)
- Proven experience in configuring analytics platform, tagging, segmentation, and distilling results for presentation and review.
- 3-5 years of experience working with granular clickstream web data to perform digital/web analytics using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, Piwik, Clicky or similar tools.
- Advanced SQL skills to perform data segmentation and aggregation from scratch
- Strong experience in using Tableau, QlikView, Periscope or other data visualization tools
- Strong experience in A/B testing methods and tools (Maxymiser, Optimizely or others)
- Strong customer centric approach, and ability to translate knowledge into actionable insights that deliver customer delight.
- Familiarity with programming languages and statistical packages (Python, R, etc)
- Expert level Excel skills
- High levels of energy, integrity, and curiosity
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social