OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 5000 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
OppLoans is expanding our product offering and will launch a new credit card in 2021. Reporting to our VP of Business Intelligence and Analytics, the Product Analytics Manager, Credit Card will oversee the design, development, and implementation of the analytics infrastructure for our new product in close partnership with the Credit Card team. You'll then use data to develop insights, run experiments, and guide using the goals of building a product experience that delights and engages our customers and guides improvements to your team's roadmaps. Specifically, you will:
- Establish performance metrics and partner with Credit Card team to develop reports and dashboards on our data visualization tool
- Monitor reports and dashboards to evaluate the performance of our new Credit Card product and surface insights
- Build an understanding of user behaviors and use predictive analytics to identify the corresponding business opportunities for OppFi Card
- Partner with product, engineering, marketing, and operations to translate your data insights into features and projects - you will have a seat at the table to guide roadmap development.
- Work with the other members of the OppFi analytics team to standardize analytical processes and promote those processes.
- Lead A/B testing by providing guidance on the experiments that are run, how you should run them, and evaluating the impact on our important metrics
- Build reporting dashboards, and look to improve partners' efficiencies and processes throughout the company. Includes scoping compliance issues, operational processes, and operational risk monitoring and testing.
- Use data to improve decisions, including using SQL, Python, R, or other programs to gather, clean, analyze, model, and report data.
- Be unafraid to break existing rules, reimagine new processes, and build them. Enhance our automated monitoring systems, and create better visualization frameworks to increase the accessibility of our data.
- Oversee projects end-to-end, including finding the requirements, measuring the root-cause, communicating findings, and implementing solutions.
- Partner and manage the relationship with a part of the business, including ensuring correct requirement gathering, overseeing all the analyses, projects, and output, and ensuring clear expectations in deliverables.
- 5+ years in analytics - B2C analytics and FinTech experience
- Experience using Product Analytics tools such as Heap and Data Visualization Tools such as Tableau or Periscope to diagnose web conversion rates and suggest improvements to drive key product metrics
- Experience working in Product or Analytics teams
- Advanced SQL skills - familiarity with window functions and query optimization
- Experience translating data analysis into action and explaining those to experts and non-experts.
- Experience with a scripting language like Python and/or R
- Experience working cross-functionally to achieve results
- A quantitative degree in a field like Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Ability to break large projects into smaller pieces and the ability to convert ideas into testable hypotheses and/or next steps
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].