Product Designer, Mobile (Chicago) at Tempus (Chicago, IL)
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in the clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for designers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
About the role
This designer is responsible for advocating for, and designing, an intuitive and elevated experience in our externally facing oncology applications. They will be responsible for educating internal stakeholders and team members on customer pain points and opportunities. This role oversees the clinical portal and mobile application used by oncologists, care team members, pathologists, and other customers logging in to see patient results.. It is imperative this role executes quickly and comprehensively on design solutions. They will work very closely with product management as well as engineering, to define scope and agree upon appropriate solutions. This position also requires close collaboration with key stakeholders in various departments. The role will regularly check in with, and require, approval from c-level executives to proceed with solutions. This designer must have experience with mobile design and direct-to-consumer products.
- 3+ of experience in fast-paced creative environments
- You are resilient, humble and a people person.
- You have experience mentoring designers of various backgrounds
- You’re a skilled storyteller and ‘conceptor’, with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment to develop concepts that delight customers and deliver business results
- A pixel perfect approach to design while being able to see the big picture when it comes to implementation
- You have a mobile first mentality and experience designing in various mediums
- Deep understanding of mobile design standards. You must have a number of mobile first projects you can speak to.
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well. Capable of context switching between short and long term visions.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker
- Experience with Sketch, Figma or a comparable tool.
- Design simple, elegant, and user-centric experiences that maintain and increase usage over time.
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Help shape the product strategy and vision based on the user needs and the business objectives
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs
- Conduct user research and testing to validate hypothesis and finalize solutions
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- Help maintain visual and interaction consistency between products
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business and user goals into successful product experiences.