If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWant to design products that actually matter? Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by a thoughtful and holistic approach to user experience design? At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We are redesigning the way public safety works to make the world a safer place. From emergency call taking, dispatch, and video security solutions to applications for first responders, we are building some of the most meaningful software today. Real, professional, tools. The UX team includes UX designers, visual designers, experience researchers, and UX engineers.
As a Product Designer, you will be collaborating with product managers, developers, data scientists, and other members of the global UX team to design the next generation of public safety applications. You will be enabling a design-led product development process with a human-centered approach. You will be leveraging the power of design to inspire change and execute the vision.
• Work with product managers and dev leads to define product strategy, requirements, priorities, and schedule
• Collaborate with the global UX team to review concepts, evolve processes, and ensure unity across the company
• Work closely with experience researchers to understand user needs and conduct usability testing
• Create the “North Star” experience vision for our suite of applications to inspire stakeholders
• Leverage industry best practices and tools to create wireframes flows, and prototypes to communicate design intent to stakeholders
• 5+ years as a professional with a proven track record of practical work experience as an interaction, product, or user experience designer and having consecutively delivered comprehensive and intuitive end-
• Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, UX/interaction design, industrial design, or design strategy
• Strong ability to articulate reasons behind decisions related to designs and solutions to stakeholders, customers, and the engineering team.
• Passion for research-fueled rapid ideation
• Self-starter and a strong desire for team collaboration
• Experience with Sketch, Invision, AdobeCC, and other industry-standard wireframing and visual design tools.
• Experience with animation and motion design is a plus
• Strong skills in graphic design and visual asset production preferred
- 5+ years as a professional with a proven track record of practical work experience as an interaction, product, or user experience designer
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, UX/interaction design, industrial design, design strategy, or related field
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.