Signal is looking for a multi-disciplinary, user-centered Product Designer who has a passion for creating exceptional user experiences, understands B2B toolsets, and can translate qualitative and quantitative data into useful and usable interactions.
As a Product Designer, you will work on the Signal Product Management team to shape ideas into reality in close collaboration with our Senior User Experience Designer, Product Managers, and Front-end Architecture and Development teams. Your designs will help support the direction of Signal products, services and policies.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Defining the core interaction components of our tool to help us answer “where does it go” and “how does it fit” questions, so we can align application product and development teams with each, and have a mission, vision, backlog, etc.
- Developing storyboards, visual comps, mockups, and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Developing workflows, what do users want to accomplish, where do they enter and exit a feature, and what is the user flow through the system
- Conducting user research for existing and new features, including observation and interview sessions, and feedback from the account team and end users
- Working with product and engineering to understand feature requirements, articulate and advocate user experience needs and then turn those needs into concepts, interface mocks, wireframes, and design specifications
- Working closely with our development team as features are built and implemented to incorporate feedback and make changes. Participate in bi-weekly sprints and weekly releases
- Becoming knowledgeable on competitor toolsets and how we stack up
- Helping to advance our day-to-day working process, deliverables, and toolsets to use with product management and developers
What we need from you:
- At least three years of professional experience producing user experiences
- The ability to solve complex problems by humanizing product ideas and developing these into elegant designs
- Enough knowledge in HTML, CSS, Backbone, React, and/or other common UI frameworks, so you can easily work with developers with an understanding of what’s realistic, not just what’s desired aesthetically
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Jira, or similar tools
- Phenomenal communication skills. You know how to give/receive good news, bad news, suggestions and feedback
- You embrace interesting problems, rapid iteration, and change
- AdTech/MarTech/Marketing Analytics product experience a plus
In addition to the specifics of this job, we’re looking for like minded Signalites that fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Send your résumé via the link below. Both the business and the team we’re building are incredibly important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our ranks. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet our qualifications... and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform offers an independent identity solution for brands that transforms the customer experience by connecting an always-active profile to customer engagements across all human, physical, and digital touchpoints.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 lists. Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.