Product Development Analyst
Why we’re excited to get to work:
The mission for Payformance Solutions is simple. We aim to be a catalyst for payment transformation in the healthcare industry. Our proprietary software solutions allow payers and providers to focus on what really matters: providing patients with access to care that yields the best health outcomes, at the lowest costs.
The healthcare industry is complex and fragmented. Payers and providers are faced with a lack of transparency and conflicting financial goals that fail to consider the health outcomes of patients. Payformance Solutions offers data-driven, turnkey software solutions that provide payers and providers with the technical tools and resources needed to design, evaluate, build, measure, and negotiate value-based reimbursement contracts — as a neutral third party. Our holistic solutions allow payers and providers to collaborate in an ecosystem that aligns financial goals with patient outcomes.
Our team needs a hands-on Product Development Analyst who can work closely with the product owners to influence and understand the product vision, strategic product direction, and product roadmap. You will be the product person who is passionate about solving real problems with technology. As the bridge between technical and business worlds, it’s essential that you are a guiding light, constantly organizing and executing strategy based on data driven decisions and hypotheses, aligning with company leaders, executing and measuring result. Using your passion to build things that matter, you understand project prioritization at a macro level, but live in the trenches with the teams to outline details, guide execution and own accountability.
What you’ll do:
- Process information like an engineer, dream of front-end applications like a creative designer, have the drive of a hungry-entrepreneur BUT maintain the voice of a diplomat.
- Specify and document software requirements in story format, using Agile methodology, with proper acceptance criteria that meet the business requirements
- Work with the software engineering team to interpret the software requirement to support the implementation of product features
- Work with the product leadership to maintain the product backlog to ensure sufficient level of backlog items for the engineering team, and contribute to the prioritization of the product backlog
- Support “beta” clients interacting with Payformance Solutions products.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in health care and health reform. Knowledge of, and experience with, value-based care contracts and outcomes is a strong plus.
- Proven track record of successfully working with product management or other business function to analyze, define, and document software functional requirement for commercial software product development
- At least 3 years of experience in business requirements analysis in support of software development
- Experienced and comfortable working with high performing engineering teams
- Have solid understanding of software development life-cycle and have strong ability to effectively communicate business requirements to engineers
- Interest in and/or experience with innovative technology-enabled healthcare solutions (e.g., digital health); experience with health care venture capital or solution implementation a plus.
- Comfort working in an entrepreneurial environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce multiple deliverables within tight timeframes.
- Self-starter that places high value on quantitative analysis to drive product management towards scale and growth.
- Position is based in Chicago
Not to boast, but a little bit about us:
Payformance Solutions is a health-tech company dedicated to advancing payment transformation in the healthcare industry. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Altarum Institute, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946.
Altarum Institute combines the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum develops and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies.
At Payformance, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate, support, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Payformance Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Payformance does not accept agency resumes, we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.