Product Development Specialist
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to premier health systems. Our Product Development team takes a hands-on, evidence-based approach to support our physician partners by ensuring product work and methodologies reflect and serve defined and evolving partner needs. As the Product Development Specialist, you will be a key contributor to the process of developing assets to meet clinical and operational practice needs in our various markets across the US. You will also assist with all product needs related to operationalization and implementation of our products within clinical settings, working with clinic staff through pilots, scale up and optimization phases.
In this role, you’ll develop relationships with our market partners to identify and solicit their content needs, create content for various media outlets, raise awareness about new products and determine the best method for content delivery to improve readership. You will be responsible for developing your own work product. Your opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business will grow in step with the growth of our organization.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills, and experience working with medical content. You should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented.
Ultimately, you should be able to oversee all content initiatives to ensure clinical accuracy, customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience. If you are also an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
What are some examples of projects you’ll own as the Product Development Specialist at VillageMD?
- Leading the development of best practice, evidence based content, including optimal methods for formatting, packaging and dissemination of products
- Documenting stories of impact from across the markets in the form of patient stories and case studies
- Developing a streamlined process to update, maintain, and centrally store clinical content for easy access to all market users
- Establishing a process for launching products in markets
- Ensuring consistency of content, quality and brand across all documents
- Ensuring compliance with legal guidelines (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Customizing products to meet market needs during pilot and scale up phases
- Co-create and tell our story toward achievement of the quadruple aim.
What will make you successful here?
- You have prior experience taking a product from idea or concept to market
- You have a knack for creating clear, concise pieces of writing
- Comfortable representing and communicating abstract concepts through text or illustrative means
- You’re a good communicator (written and verbal)
- You have a process oriented mindset, with a keen eye for detail
- Comfort with complex, clinical literature, and the ability to distill the content for a non-clinical audience
- Ability to sparse out needs from a diverse team of market customers
- You demonstrate accountability for owning problems from design to implementation
- Ability to lead initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
- You thrive while managing multiple, distinct projects at a given time
- You are effective at managing relationships with clinical and non-clinical clients
- An ability to understand clinical information and synthesize it into useful tools
- A level of comfort working in a resource-constrained environment in an early-stage company
- You are willing/able to travel to our markets as needed, around 30%
What you might do in your first year:
- Work in tandem with teams across the enterprise to create an online community platform for sharing and dissemination of best practices, and understanding the needs of markets
- Develop best practices for seamless throughput of content into the platform that results in increased readership
- Lead the launch and implementation of programs in key markets
- Conduct comprehensive, scholarly research on clinical topics to inform content development
- Collaborate with leadership to capture content interests and needs to tackle multifaceted and complex business problems
The following experience is meaningful to us:
- 5 – 7+ years of full-time experience; startup environment and healthcare experience useful, but not required
- Written and published health-related articles, infographics; candidates will be asked to furnish written artefacts as part of the recruitment process
- Strong ability to conceptualize and crystallize new concepts
- Social media or blogging experience with a savvy for distributing information in a compelling manner
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.