Product Director, Data Products at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Product Director for Data Products at Tempus, you’ll direct the team responsible for enterprise-grade analytical software that powers both internal and external research initiatives. You’ll also oversee the data delivery, data modeling, infrastructure and data security processes that are at the core of Tempus’s business. The software and models we’re developing are the culmination of input from scientists, operations teams, data scientists, pathologists, and engineers. You’ll be a critical member of an expanding team of product leaders who bring those inputs together to design, scope, and build solutions to some of the toughest problems in medicine.
What You'll Do:
- Run a team of high-performing Product Managers focused on one of the most company-critical areas of the product
- Drive the product strategy for both internal and external customers
- Help define the future of how genomic and clinical data is modeled and analyzed by our data science teams and research partners.
- Help to set the foundation of Product Management at Tempus, working on the “how” of Product Management and continually iterating as we go
- Own stakeholder communication and management across the org around roadmap and delivery timelines for your products
- Work with developers, scientists, and operations teams to deliver product releases that are stable in production and satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals
- 8-10 years of technical experience building/managing software in the tech or biotech industry.
- 3+ years experience managing a team of product managers
- Extensive experience in a highly analytical role focused on complex data systems.
- Extensive experience driving strategic product and engineering initiatives in tech or biotech
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on new concepts in the fields of genomics and oncology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to act as a translator among diverse teams of biologists, medical professionals, engineers, operators, and data scientists.
- M.S. or PhD in a relevant discipline (data science, biomedical engineering, biology, engineering, etc) is a big plus.