Product Experience Specialist
About the Role:
Within an agile and team based product development environment, the Product Experience Specialist will be the consumer advocate to evaluate new, existing and competitive products. Develops procedures to evaluate products and complete competitive analysis on assign products while utilizing product research to guide the protocols. Consumer approach testing (i.e. general function, cleaning etc.). This also includes discovering the “wow” behind products in development by conducting “discovery testing”. Need to identify unique uses of the product, as well how to use product to its fullest potential.
About the team:
Our role goes well beyond just delivering great products; we’re a high-performing team focused on business impact and developing our people. This Product Experience Specialist will be a part of the Performance Excellence team, which is tasked in ensuring that all products perform at intended and provide a great customer experience.
What you will do:
- Support new product development team by leading early stage concept evaluations, development and verification.
- Complete competitive analysis on assigned product concepts to understand intended function and customer reviews.
- Significant role in development and verification of product usage details.
- Monitor consumer feedback on products and recommend improvements.
- Documents and share findings with the product development team.
- Provides editorial support for product related publications by writing, editing and proofing copy for accuracy.
- Interacts with consumers and consultant to enhance product usage experience.
- Responsible for creating certain product materials, such as Use & Cares, and working with cross functional teams to establish Features & Benefits, etc.
- Interacts with field to monitor any product usage challenges and outline corrective actions needed to simply and improve products and/or training materials.
- Solution center advocate for product training.
Skills you’ll need:
- BS degree in science, marketing, engineering or other related filed.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in product development and product evaluations.
- Experience in quality and inspection function will be plus.
- Must possess a passion for food and cooking; demonstrate cooking and food handling skills required.
- Knowledge of equipment and methods used in a Test Kitchen and ability to quickly learn methods and unfamiliar equipment.
- Materials and manufacturing processes knowledge including most, if not all, of the following; plastic injection molding, metal stamping, die-casting, metal finishing, ceramic/stoneware molding/casting, glass forming, natural or sustainable material processing, such as wood and bamboo.
- Ability to create test setups and document tests using MS office tools.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to fast-paced changing work environment preferred.
- Self-starter with the independence, initiative, and drive to succeed with can-do approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (i.e. reports, result documentation and presentations to Cross Functional Team) required.
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work until the job is done.
- Ability to build relationships and work with Cross-Functional Teams and outside consumers/consultants.-Must possess a high professional standard of confidentiality to protect integrity of not-yet-publicized Company initiatives.
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.