Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $600 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Product Information Specialist is responsible for new item onboarding, product information maintenance and the review and approval of assets which will allow Zoro to continue building the endless aisle. They are responsible for data gathering, focused on speed to market for new/existing items & assets, ensuring data accuracy and playing a key role in the new sku and asset authoring to support PLE goals. In addition, the Specialists will manage daily metrics and reporting, help drive automation, and assist with process enhancements for the Product Information team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively collect, evaluate and process large sets of data, identify trends, and proactively solicit feedback from others with a focus on providing recommendations and solutions.
- Complete tasks and work within the P360 tool and supporting asset tools.
- Take ownership for the normalization and processing of new product information, data from start to finish as it relates to new & existing items on Zoro.com
- Execute, drive and manage processes that acquire and implement Supplier-product information.
- Work in partnership with internal and external teams focused on sku and content enrichment, data collection and scraping efforts with an eye for automation.
- Support changes in processes to streamline and automate the acquisition and application of product information. Work to continuously improve these processes to speed delivery and ingestion from Suppliers, Data Aggregators and Third Party organizations to zoro.com.
- Perform content activities such as data analysis, editing, applying updates resulting from data normalization, content support and other functions along with ensuring the consistency of product information.
- Support Zoro’s strategic plans of sku growth and continuous content improvement with an operations focus.
- Drive OKR initiatives that benefit the broader team with a focus on collaboration, engagement and automation for the Merchandising organization.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working with Product Information
- Experience and knowledge working with product information from suppliers, third parties and external data sources.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Experience working with large data sets in Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills that foster collaboration among all business partners.
- Problem Solver & Process Improvement focused.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and effectively manage multiple tasks on a day to day basis.
- Team player, portrays company values in actions and demonstrates strong collaboration with peers and internal team members at Zoro.
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to foster an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.