Product Line Leader
What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What You'll Do
As a Product Line Leader within the Thermal team, you will help to identify and deliver on a multi-generation product roadmap that is developed in concert with Sales, Marketing, Finance, internal/external customers and Engineering. You will also ensure that the product road map is update and communicated as needed across the business. You will also ensure that the product road map and product strategy aligns well with the marketing strategy and product capability.
- Lead the development of a portfolio of software products and services targeted to reduce O&M Cost in power generation facilities.
- Establish and maintain a product roadmap to meet customer demand and ensure that the product applications and services maximize customer value while minimizing cost to deploy and sustain.
- Establish and maintain a business plan to develop and grow the product portfolio.
- Work with sales, marketing, and commercial operations in order to commercialize and market software products in the power generation space meeting quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Work with software developer teams to perform user acceptance testing and serve as the voice of the customer in an agile process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, marketing, business
- 5 years experience in the Power industry
- Firm understanding of Digital products, options and offerings
- A strong track record of project delivery for projects that involve multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- MBA, Masters in Marketing
- 10 years experience in the Power Industry
- Subject matter expert in Thermal hardware and operability.
- Deep understanding of design, outage, repair, reliability, performance, productivity, and/or data needs for Power Plants
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process