Summary of the Product Manager role:
SMS Assist is one of America’s fastest-growing technology companies and is revolutionizing the multisite property management market with a network of over 20,000 subcontractor Affiliates and 100,000+ client locations, all using the SMS Assist proprietary technology platform. The core of our technology is our mobile & desktop application, One by SMS, which allows radical transparency of all services performed, so every service is done on time and on budget for our growing list of national and Fortune 500 clients.
The Product Manager is responsible for leading the strategy and prioritization of features of the One by SMS Assist product. This includes working closely with SMS business leadership, engineers, and our customers to guide products and features from ideation to launch. The Product Manager must possess a strategic understanding of the business objectives, creatively identify what SMS and its customers need, and figure out how to best build it. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design features that our customers love.
Core Responsibilities of the Product Manager
- Work with customers and the business to deeply understand and gather customer needs.
- Produce concrete product requirements based on those needs.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to clarify product requirements and to determine the best technical solution and delivery schedule.
- Develop product roadmap by establishing a shared prioritized vision across the company.
- Manage end‑to-end product roadmap plans with predictability and high quality.
- Both drive improvements to our existing products and identify opportunities for new product ideas.
- Evolve product strategy based on research (including competitive), data analysis, and industry trends.
- Maximize team efficiency and remove blockers in a constantly evolving environment.
- Effectively communicate product roadmap and new feature value to all relevant stakeholders.
Key Competencies of the Product Manager
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes
- Confident decision maker
- Sets and meets deadlines
- Break down complex problems into simpler components
Qualifications of the Product Manager
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of product management or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Travel requirements: Travel expected up to 20% of the time
- Experience as a product manager for customer-facing (B2B or B2C) products on web and mobile.
- Knowledge of agile/scrum practices as a product or program manager.
- Product management experience working with local and remote teams.
- Travel Expected: up to 15% of the time
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full time exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM