Product Manager 2 – Oracle EBS - Financials at Nordstrom
The Product Manager 2 is a key member of the Finance Nordstrom Product Management team, championing the customer experience evolution through data-driven insights using a variety of qualitative and quantitative inputs and delivering key features, functionality and programs for Nordstrom. Product Management is responsible for making sure we build the right products and features for our customers and business. To accomplish that, product managers plan the product roadmap and prioritize the applicable technology backlog, lead product discovery, and measure and communicate results of the feature portfolio in production, all while ensuring stakeholder alignment.
A day in the life…
Work with manager to develop the following;
- Measure and monitor key KPI performance for product epics and specific features
- Develop improvement plans for key KPI degradation
- Leverage internal KPI’s to identify feature opportunities
- Prioritize features and develop quarterly priorities and annual backlog
- Partner with UX, Research, and Engineering on feature design
- Work with engineering during feature development to ensure feature objectives are maintained
- This is a critical and highly visible position, where experience with finance and accounting is key and will responsible for managing the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) landscape that includes a system upgrade in 2021 and longer term roadmap planning
- Develop and enhance current Oracle EBS to improve organizational effectiveness to introduce more automation while reducing operational spend
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Ability to form strong working partnerships with senior business leaders to effectively execute and support financial business objectives
- Lead cross-functional decision-making and implementation of these recommendations
- Ability to support other one-off platform deprecation efforts and adhoc finance/accounting projects based on capacity
You own this if you have…
- 4 - years of product management supporting finance/accounting or equivalent experience with technology or ecommerce company preferred
- Oracle EBS experience with functional and technical subject matter expertise as well as worked with at least one full life cycle implementation or upgrade is preferred
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party vendor relationships (Oracle)
- Bachelors’ degree in math, accounting, finance, economics, or related quantitative discipline is preferred
- Basic ability to define, measure and analyze functionality gaps and processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Basic technical background and understanding of software development principles, including a/b testing
- Ability to work build relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams from areas such as Finance, Accounting, Analytics, and Engineering
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.