We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
About AI at Relativity
In the past two years, billions of documents have already benefited from the insights of Relativity AI – and we are just getting started on our journey to use AI to improve each user experience, product, matter, and investigation at Relativity. We are focused on helping our users discover the truth more quickly, and act on data with confidence.
· We are focused on algorithm excellence, to provide the most robust and trusted experience possible.
· We are creating a world class toolset to solve complex challenges quickly and iteratively.
· AI leveraged everywhere, all stages of discovery to better manage cases and optimize product operations.
As a team, we believe in exploration, experimentation, and bringing your curiosity to work every day. We know that you can’t innovate without experimentation — and a little failure happens on the path to invention. We use the latest and greatest to ensure we are the best. We strive to experiment, ship, and learn every day.
About Product Management for AI
Valuable insights can’t happen without great data and a deep empathy for the product experience of our users. Our AI Services Product Management team ensures that the breadth of Relativity data is used to solve meaningful customer challenges across the platform using cutting edge data pipeline and data lake technology. If you have a working experience in big data technologies (Hadoop/HDFS, Kafka, data pipelines, blob storage, distributed file systems, big data storage format, Spark, etc.) and love delivering real value to users through frequent iterations, you’ll be right at home in the Relativity Product Management team. You’ll have a huge impact in shaping our product direction and the problems we choose to solve. We seek collaborative leaders who want to move fast and love a challenge.
About the Product Manager of AI Services Role
The Product Management team is looking for a Product Managerwhose collaborative nature and strong communication skills complement experience with AI/ML technologies, data science, data modeling, and product management in a data intensive organization. Focused on Relativity’s AI services, you will be responsible for identifying user pain points and innovation opportunities across the platform, prioritizing items according to our product and business strategy, and working with Engineering and Data Science teams to develop AI-powered solutions with frequent iterations that drive business objectives. With petabytes of unmined legal data available and top AI talent, we have an unmatched industry opportunity to create AI solutions that power the pursuit of justice globally. You will lead the charge.
- Partner with a team of data engineers, ML engineers, and data scientists to build, deploy, monitor, and improve data models that give value to our users
- Deeply understand our product and our users across our 4 segments – corporates, law firms, service providers, and government agencies
- Clearly communicate product details to internal/external stakeholders in role-specific levels of detail
- Collect, organize, and prioritize product requests and challenges from our users and internal stakeholders (other PMs, architects, data scientists), providing compelling and concise business cases to justify and explain product work
- Partner with technical teams to rapidly develop and test hypotheses using techniques like A/B testing and canary deployments, ensuring that solutions meet product KPIs
- Translate high-level objectives into low-level stories with requirements for improving the AI Services platform and products
- Partner with data scientists to assemble datasets for evaluation and model building
- Inspire teams by bringing a deep sense of empathy for our users’ problems and familiarity with their workflows
- Discover and explore business data sources and emerging AI technologies to drive innovation across the product line
- Manage defect prioritization
- Significant Experience with AI/ML development process– You will be working with highly technical data engineers and data scientists, so your ability to get in the weeds with discussions and issues will be critical to credibility and success. Your ability to model data flows and provide informed opinions to various ML approaches will remove ambiguity from conversations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – In the same afternoon, you might share project information with engineers and then executives, so your ability to speak (or type) clearly at the appropriate level of detail will drive successful conversations.
- Known for team collaboration – Your average day might involve interactions with 4+ different teams across the business, so your skills of active listening, meeting facilitation, and project management will make teams love working with you.
- Strong project manager able to handle multiple projects simultaneously – You will have competing priorities with combinations of ad-hoc and planned deliverables requested by different groups. Your ability to balance priorities, pushing back when necessary, will ensure high quality work.
- Strong business acumen – You will be the face of the product’s strategy to your technical teams, so your ability to connect the lines between the team’s work and our business goals will motivate your team and drive success.
- 5+ years in product management, building custom software.
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.