Product Manager, Billing & Analytics at RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable for students and increase learning effectiveness through its industry-leading digital platform. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortless distribution of course content and engagement solutions.
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Are you someone that has a relentless focus on creating solutions that solve real-world challenges and providing business value? Do you want to be a part of a team that has a keen focus on delighting customers through the elegant products it creates? Are you looking to hone your skill set of embracing a customer-centric mindset, and delivering solutions in a minimum viable / pragmatic delivery approach? If yes to the above, you are a perfect candidate for the product group that drives the strategic roadmap and initiatives of the industry-leading toolset RedShelf has created.
The Product Manager, Billing and Analytics will work closely with the Product Director in delivering quality products and features. The Product Manager will support their Product Director in taking ownership of a variety of tasks related to product strategy, product design, quality assurance, troubleshooting, training, and internal/external communications. In this role, the Product Manager will gain expertise in one or more of Red Shelf’s industry-leading products and build a skillset of lean product management principles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with other business groups including client services, sales, marketing and software development to
- Create product functional specifications that clearly communicate detailed functionality and architecture
- Communicate the product requirements to stakeholders and developers.
- Manage and assist in quality assurance of the delivered products.
- Own various aspects of the product development lifecycle, including but not limited to, gathering and distilling product feature needs/requirements from customers and key stakeholders into executable tasks, aiding with quality assurance, and formulating detailed go-to-market plans.
- Have an intimate knowledge of the RedShelf products supported and the customers the product-market-fit is focused on.
- Aiding in quantifying the business value (whether customer value, operational value, or strategic value) related to RedShelf’s key business initiatives, and ultimately, the work the technology team will execute on.
- Break down agile epics into user stories, help to prioritize them based on business value, and work closely with UX and development teams to make these stories come to life.
- Assist with shaping the customer experience (CX) of new features and functionality of RedShelf’s strategic products and services.
- Must be able to evangelize the value of your products and communicate the current/future roadmap to internal and external audiences.
- Must be able to take direction from the VP and Director of Product, develop a plan/vision to lead and own his/her product roadmap.
- Must be able to own the creation, refinement, re-prioritization, and overall management of the Product backlog on a sprint by sprint basis
- Must be able to create Epics and write Stories in Agile fashion, keeping in mind the ‘definition of ready’.
- Partners closely with the Director of Engineering to ensure alignment on upcoming initiatives.
- Own product / feature release communication, both internally and externally.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, with at least 2 years in the FinTech or Financial Services industry.
- 2+ years of experience working in an eCommerce company
- 2+ years of proven experience working on business and systems analysis, developing requirements documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of coordinating and using analytical skills to enable data driven decision making.
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans.
- Excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time.
- The ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges.
- Puts focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions.
- Ability to lead envisioning, refinement, and pointing sessions with Product and Development teams.
- Comfort or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- An analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of database modeling
- Knowledge of SQL; proficiency in SQL a plus
- Strong analytical skills with ability to gather required data and proper data validations supporting the end results.
- 2+ years of proven experience with data visualization software tools, such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview…etc
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Finance or other technical related field.
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing.
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing.
- Experience with data governance, a plus
- Experience in FinTech, Payments, and Accounting GL systems, a plus.
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.