The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin’s Product team is the fulcrum that takes our vision of what home insurance should be and makes it real. Our product managers are responsible for the commercial success of the product. We straddle technology and all other business areas to ensure the right work is getting done at the right time.
We are currently looking for a Product Manager to join our Quote and Purchase Experience team. As a Product Manager, you will immerse yourself in both the customer and Kin Insurance Agent experiences, deeply understanding how different customer personas purchase home insurance, both with and without human help. As all sales at Kin pass through these two channels, collaborating with leaders across the organization, product management peers, sales, and revenue operations is critical in this role.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be creative, empathetic, self-directed, and curious. You will be able to learn quickly about both of these types of “customers” and be excited to implement solutions to make their lives easier and to make insurance more human.
A day in the life could include:
- Collaborating with user research and sharing key learnings with your development team, the product team, and the company
- Collaborating with design to create functional prototypes for user testing and mockups for developers
- Digging deep to understand the most significant problems that face our users and working with design and engineering to develop and test solutions, supported with data
- Creating and managing prioritized product roadmaps of epics that address the biggest business needs and meaningfully impact our OKRs
- Writing user stories that provide all of the details needed by our development teams to develop key features
- Coordinating and leading regular team and stakeholder meetings to both gather feedback on your projects and to share important updates
- Defining, evangelizing, and monitoring metrics that demonstrate product success
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years total work experience
- 2+ years product experience
- A passion for customer feedback and research
- Extensive experience working with agile product and engineering teams in startup and/or rapid-growth environments
- Product management experience at B2C or other software/technology companies
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans
- A/B testing and other experimentation experience
- Experience owning process management or process improvement projects
- An eye for great products and willingness to advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- Ability to communicate with empathy and precision
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers about technical features and product architecture
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.