Product Manager, Data Capabilities at Morningstar
The Group: The Data and Research Product group is the central nervous system of consolidating, normalizing, adding value, and distributing Morningstar’s high quality data and capabilities around that data for internal and external consumers. The individuals in this group are the charged to ensure that we meet Morningstar’s data needs with high quality, high satisfaction, in a technologically sound manner. The group’s product managers work closely with product and technology leaders across Morningstar to clarify, communicate, and deliver on development roadmaps.
The Role: Morningstar is looking for a talented Product Manager to lead a cross functional squad. This squad is accountable to build the next generation of data feed product/platform. The Product Manager is responsible for providing business requirement, setting the development roadmap and executing on that roadmap. The Product Manager acts as both product expert and strategist to translate stakeholder needs, technology landscape (internal and external), and Morningstar intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve customer problems. This role has indirect leadership of the squads in Morningstar’s Shenzhen development center. This role reports to the Director of Product Management, Data Services. The position is based in our Chicago office.
• Own the product development roadmap, prioritization, value proposition, and product development lifecycle for client reporting.
• Work with commercial product managers and tech management to develop a product vision that supports and advances business goals.
• Develop business requirements refined and validated with customers, prioritize conflicting work, and work within an Agile software development framework.
• Produce user stories and acceptance criteria with non-functional requirement for development teams and design teams.
• Use data for development and testing of hypotheses, managing with KPIs and measurements of product success (e.g. customer satisfaction, quality, system performance and uptime, etc.), and guiding next steps.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred.
• A minimum of five years of relevant and progressive experience in product management.
• Knowledge and experience with APIs, AWS technology.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile development, and good technical acumen are required.
• Knowledge of Morningstar data, especially in data feed business.
• A passion for building software users love.
• Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
• Willingness to collaborate with offshore development teams during off-hours.
• Ability to motivate and grow a collaborative, cross-functional team with a track record for quality, on-time deliveries.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity