Product Manager, Data Services at ShopRunner
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
The ShopRunner Data Platform, which manages data from across our retailer network of 140+ retailers, is foundational to all of ShopRunner’s products and services. As a Product Manager for our Data Services, you will be responsible for ensuring the data that we collect from our retailers—product catalog, orders, shipment, and customer data—is processed and made available with speed, breadth, depth, and quality to meet the business needs of a range of products. These products serve both our members and our retailer network. They include the ShopRunner mobile app, website, and innovative products on retailers’ sites, such as out of stock notifications and new customer offers.
In order to support a delightful product discovery experience, convenient checkout, scalable and accurate processing for our retailer-facing products, and finance operations, we need data services that are complete, accurate, up-to-date, organized, and easily searchable. You will be responsible for measuring and managing how our data services keep ShopRunners’ products humming by identifying any gaps or opportunities, working with engineering, managers, and other stakeholders to prioritize delivery, and ensuring that product catalog, orders, shipment, and customer data are of high quality and can integrate easily with ShopRunner products, defining and executing strategies to most efficiently address gaps.ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop frameworks and create dashboards/reports to evaluate and measure key metrics for Data Services across the following data domains:
- product catalog
- order / adjustment processing
- shipment tracking
- CRM synchronization
- Identify and prioritize data gaps and opportunities in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Develop a cross-functional and multi-faceted strategy to continuously improve overall data availability, quality, and ease of development for consumers
- Create processes and execute tactics against this strategy including managing and troubleshooting third-party partner feeds, data ingestion, normalization, and categorization
- Build scripts and tools to analyze, measure, and display data to know how the system should be improved
- Make graphs, charts, and tables that clearly explain what needs to be done and why
- Define data service APIs for searching, retrieving, and updating data for our various consumers (including mobile app, retailer products, consumer website, data science, and public APIs)
- Work in a highly cross-functional manner with engineers, data scientists, integrations specialists, product managers, partner success, and sales teams to affect changes
- Effectively track and share progress
- 3+ years of product management experience with data products, services, or APIs
- Strong Analytical Ability. You love data. You are comfortable with manipulation and quantitative analysis of large data sets.
- Detail Orientation. You sweat the small stuff. You’re extremely organized and accountable for tracking and delivering results.
- Technical Skills. You can use SQL to query, join, analyze, and visualize large data sets. You are familiar with statistical analysis concepts using programming tools like Python or R. Knowledge of ETL processes preferred. Able to gain a basic understanding of what code is doing to transform data.
- Strong Communication Skills. You can distill complex information/data into actionable insights for diverse audiences. You are adept at communicating technical ideas to non-technical people and effortlessly translate business problems into technical solutions.
- Cross-Functional Player. You can work with diverse stakeholders to understand requirements, set expectations, and report progress. You are excited to collaborate with various team members from data engineers to sales professionals.
- Bias for Action. You know how to create a plan, build consensus and make things happen.
- Enthusiasm. You are excited about working in a startup environment but are unfazed by the ambiguity and dynamic culture that come with it.
- BS in a relevant technical field (preference for Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics)
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.