Product Manager (DCX Data Platform) at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Commerce Exchange is a best in class data services platform. As the Product Manager of the platform, you will develop data solutions to enhance the customer experience and solve complex problems for our clients. You will interface with partners/clients both internal and external to understand use cases and detail requirements. A must for this position is a love of technology and the end customer experience. This is a high visibility position that requires you to be a master of communication with the ability to communicate the short term and long term vision of our platform including value, roadmap and requirements to all levels including the executive suite, technical teams, clients and XF business partners. The ideal candidate can see the big picture but also enjoys digging into the data to identify gaps and opportunities to better support our clients. You will develop requirements, solution design and the corresponding work needed through refinement and prioritization and take full accountability for what gets implemented. You will manage timelines and feature delivery assuring commitments are met. The ideal candidate remains flexible as we learn, iterate, and integrate in an effort to deliver functionality on aggressive timelines in a scaled agile framework.
What You’ll Do
- Assess the performance of and shape the structure and direction of new and existing product lines and lead the development and execution of strategic product plans for key initiatives such as the introduction of new products, product line extensions, or product enhancements.
- Accountable for achieving specific goals for products and the platform, including evaluating performance, and identifying innovations to address customer needs and improve product performance in the market.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and communicate the DCX Product/Platform roadmap, adjusting to the changing market, customer, and/or organizational needs
- Identify sources, monitor, analyze and interpret key product performance metrics including financials, network volumes, other key statistics and internal/external customer feedback trends, then develop and communicate findings and make strategic and tactical recommendations for performance improvements.
- Identify and resolve gaps in the platform to meet the demands of high value product use cases
- Manage the product pipeline of features for every release and Program Increment (PI).
- Write features and assure technology releases are aligned with the platform vision and delivered on-time.
- Define and execute strategic product and platform road-maps to build new products, enhance existing products or improve performance.
- Serve as a platform and product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical and developer community
- Interface with clients, vendors and internal partners to develop features for the platform in support of client use cases
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop strategies and methodologies to on-board new partners.
- Participate in leadership meetings communicating platform vision, blockers, wins and delivery commitments
- Track and understand industry trends, research findings and competitive innovations.
- Provide business analysis and reporting on a periodic basis.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop or support sales efforts or go-to-market strategies.
- Serve as product management business lead on cross-functional teams, including internal departments such as sales, operations, legal, marketing, finance, technology in the evaluation, development, management and/or enhancement of assigned products and/or programs.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Social Sciences, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management or Related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments, or related field, including Product Management Experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Social Sciences, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments, data science, data architecture or related field
- 3+ years of agile product delivery and/or data platform experience
- 2+ years of experience in Fintech platforms, start-ups, or related field
- Strong product management experience, ideally within Network/Payment Services
- Strategic mindset with technical acumen
- Strong communication skills: ability to work cross-functionally internally as well as externally
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.