Product Manager, Experience Innovation at Pampered Chef
Purpose of the Role:
Pampered Chef is looking for a Product Manager (PM) for it digital experience and innovation group who will be the lynchpin of key strategic company initiatives that will influence the future direction of the entire company as it transforms into an integrated digital company.
One of the primary responsibilities will be to build a secret weapon specifically for the direct sales party plan environment, called ‘Table’. ‘Table’ will be an online community platform that will enable customers and our independent contractor base to connect, share ideas, shop, and have fun.
The PM’s role will be to incubate and scale ideas for this platform along with other digital innovation initiatives. The PM will advocate for the largest opportunities and serve as the voice of our business, consultants, and guests while defining and prioritizing the ‘Table’ product backlog. He or she will work across departments and with an external technology organization to identify integration points for this new offering.
The PM will anticipate issues, provide escalation, and build consensus by understanding stakeholder requirements and constraints.
Additionally, he/she will also support and help drive other critical digital initiatives being undertaken by the Innovation Team E.g. Working with Instagram on developing an integration model that enables direct checkout on Instagram.
- Leads product discovery, to help identify and describe requirements, and to ensure that the product backlog is prioritized.
- Gather and develop business requirements into epic and stories to help identify and describe platform feature and integration requirements that will enhance the overall platform experience. Provides task direction to external team and collaborate with internal sprint teams where there is a need for integration.
- Leverage a variety of data points to guide decisions, including Web Analytics, session recordings, long-term technical roadmaps, feedback from early adopters, and guidance from internal stakeholders
- Identifies risks, and implements mitigation and contingency plans, passionate about early mitigation or elimination of risks.
- Supervises responsibilities for task completion assigned to external product team and reassigns responsibilities and resources as necessary.
- Pro-actively engages stakeholders in design, priority setting, and implementation of the project.
- Builds coalitions among the various stakeholders and negotiates authority to move the project forward.
- Communicate vision, scope, integration approach, and desired outcomes to cross-functional teams
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the broader organization
- Partners with UX (Research and Designers) through rapid prototyping to test and validate concepts and product features
- Identify and drive alternative digital innovations that help problem solve core gaps in Pampered Chef’s eco-system.
Competencies for Success:
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Manages Complexity
- Tech Savvy
- Builds Networks
- Cultivates Innovation
Measures of Success:
- ‘Table’ adoption and revenue
- Digital Innovation product roadmap development & prioritization
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 6 + years of strong demonstrable history of working closely with business operations to identify business opportunities and requirements and deliver measurable products and features that meet those needs in a role as a Product Owner and Project Manager in a software development /e-commerce environment.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly get up to speed with Pampered Chef’s systems and data structure as well as the Table application
- Experience with start-ups and/or agile methodology for development a plus