Product Manager II
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
We are looking for a motivated, analytical and effective business analyst with strong strategic thinking capabilities. The role is helping implement technology solutions by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders, and requires a flexible and a highly adaptive approach to fluid start-up like conditions. The position requires exceptional collaborative, teaming and consensus building abilities, as well as proficiency in cross-discipline and cross-product group cooperation.
Working with Sales, Professional Services, and Engineering, Product Manager the Product Manager will help develop specifications, analyze competition, help position the products, and help develop marketing/sales collateral and tools.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Be the driving force behind the inception, planning, definition, development and delivery of new products and product releases to market
- Responsible for ensuring overall business success throughout the product life cycle; including definition and introduction & transforming stakeholder requirements into winning products
- Work closely with engineering and product development teams to develop and enhance existing products based on stakeholder needs
- Support Director with cross-functional teams addressing key areas of concern for product line, new product launches and marketing campaigns
- Support multiple products or work on multiple projects at one time as needed
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience writing technical business requirements
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in product management or equivalent experience
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with specific direction, or as an individual project lead with only high-level direction
- Attention to detail, strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Strong Internet and computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) as well as an ability to utilize various project management applications.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Direct experience in SAAS and web development
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.