The Role : The Advisor Client Experience (ACE) Products team seeks an enthusiastic, results-driven Product Manager to drive the commercial success of Morningstar's Income Solutions in the Americas, including Annuities and Structured Products (e.g. Income Protection, Buffered Notes, etc.). This role will closely collaborate with teams in data collection, quantitative analysis, Enterprise Components, and Advisor Workstation Americas commercial product management, respectively. The role collaborates with our product development, sales, marketing, and service teams. You will be a key player in defining and documenting priorities based on outside-in market problems. You will collaborate with marketing to launch new products, drive demand, generate leads, and influence sales pipeline for new prospects as well as existing clients. You will work closely with sales and service on contract negotiations for new and existing business as well as renewal risk forecasting.
Impact will be measured by new revenue growth, client retention, client satisfaction (NPS), increased sales pipeline and closed business conversion rates globally, shortened sales cycles, and market share growth over time. This role reports to the Sr Product Manager of Enterprise Components Americas and is a member of the commercial product team within Advisor Client Experience Software Products.
- Act as both the Product Owner and Product Manager, which includes managing and grooming our development backlog based on highest business value, planning the quarterly program increments, documenting stories, and providing the development team with direction
- Partner with sales to drive new revenue opportunities for seat and capability growth in new and existing clients.
- Effectively liaise with Client Solutions Consultants, Support and other operations teams to maximize renewal rates, and implement price increase strategies.
- Reduce churn, improve client satisfaction, and improve client engagement across top 150 enterprise clients in the U.S.
- Lead and drive cadence on renewals with Sales and CSM team to proactively lower risk and improve accuracy of financial forecasts
- Actively partner with marketing, sales, service and development on key go to market activities.
- Lead on market problem refinement, definition, and commercial sizing to drive product build priorities for future annuity and income solutions on ACE platforms.
- Conduct ongoing market surveillance to stay abreast of industry trends and how they create opportunities or threats to the Morningstar Annuity Intelligence business
- Analyze and understand our clients' needs, the competitive landscape, and how we can match those needs to annuity and guaranteed income solutions.
- Be part of the Advisor Client Experience (ACE) commercial product manager team to drive revenue growth for our income solutions in the Americas by collaborating and communicating the commercial strategy. Effectively engage with sales, client solutions consultants, marketing, global product teams, and senior management to execute on that strategy
- Drive our renewal risk forecasting cycles to proactively take actions early with sales and service with timely risk forecasting.
- Partner with Advisor Client Experience core product, delivery, and sales teams to ensure contracts and SOWs are aligned on pricing, scope and timing.
- Evaluate potential demand and revenue impact of new solutions and assist in the prioritization of the Income Solutions development roadmap through effective capture of market and client. Create and evaluate the business case for new opportunities and capability expansion.
- Support sales and operations teams in expanding the use of Income Solutions within existing accounts, leveraging Product Marketing, Product Roadmaps, and workflow analysis to drive expansion.
- Must be data-driven and understand how to translate metrics into opportunities for action.
- Self-starter and passion for "doing the impossible;" committed to testing, learning, and iterating.
- Previous experience partnering closely with sales teams to deliver sales enablement assets/training and having accountability for influencing sales pipeline development and participating in client engagements.
- Knowledge of Morningstar products and workflows by various advisor segments such as banks, insurance broker dealers, independent broker dealers, hybrid RIAs, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate product positioning to a range of business users across our client segments
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience as an Associate Product Manager, or 3 years of work experience as a Project Manager
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent presentation skills to all types of audiences, including executive leadership, clients, and partners.
- Certifications and/or experience working in an Agile environment and using Jira, Tableau, Google Analytics, wikis, and Yammer, or similar.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity